NL Hold'em Cash Game books?

• 6 replies
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi Xzorius!

There are not many NL cash game books on the market. The NL tournament books (Harrington on Hold'em, Phil Gordon's little green book) are a good basis even for cash games. If you want to read a pure cash game book I can recommend "Professional No-Limit Hold'em" by Matt Flynn, Sunny Mehta and Ed Miller. I haven't read all of it yet but it seems to be quite good.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • Pacer357
      Pacer357
      Bronze
      First I would recommend "Theory and Practice of NL THe" by Sklansky and then there is Phil Gordons little green book and if you got a bit more experience there is "Professional NL holdem" by Flynn, Mehta and Miller. All I can think of right now. I have heard rumors for a long time that Miller is writing Small stakes NL holdem but those have been floating around for ages and nothing yet.

Edit: Pushkin why are you so fast all the time? :D
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      :D I'm not always that fast. But thanks for the compliment.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • Xzorius
      Xzorius
      Bronze
      Hmm, it's a shame there are not a lot of cash game books around.

But i will start with the "Theory and Practice of Poker".

Thanks,

Xzorius.
    • TaoButterfly
      TaoButterfly
      Bronze
      Pot Limit & No Limit Poker by Stewart Rueben & Bob Ciaffone

It's not bad, it may be dated a bit. It doesn't focus on NL Hold'em but includes Omaha High, Seven Card Stud, Lowball Draw & London Lowball. The first quarer of the book focuses on concepts for big bet poker which I found very interesting. The rest gets into specifics relating to each game. So if you want to do some thinking on poker, and about many different types (which invariably helps out a specific game, in your case NL Holdem), check this out. Keep in mind that the whole book is very concept oriented, and some people might find that dissappointing.

May your flush draws always fill up,
      TaoButterfly
    • dhw86
      dhw86
      Bronze
      i just bought theory and practice (2+2 publishing) by sklansky, should be fine für NLHE cash