$13.41
      SB (Hero):
      $10.15
      BB:
      $11.66
      MP2:
      $6.50

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7, 7.
      MP2 calls $0.10, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.05, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.3) 3, 7, 3 (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, MP2 bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10, BB folds.

Turn: ($0.5) J (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10.

River: ($0.7) 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, MP2 raises to $0.80, Hero raises to $3.10, MP2 calls $2.30.

Final Pot: $6.9.
  • 2 replies
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      depending on the nature of the opponents really.
      anyway according to the SH chart(which you are suppose to follow!!!), you are suppose to raise your pocket 7s. dont tell me u follow the chart exactly ok!!!!:f_biggrin: :f_biggrin:
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I would raise preflop but it's fine not to if you're uncomfortable playing middling pocket pairs out of position since you'll have to deal with overcarded flops against an unknown fish, which can be quite the pain in the ass if he turns out aggressive at all.

On the flop while it's true we have a lock on the hand, it doesn't mean we want to play a ridiculously small pot with it. Since it doesn't look like anybody has much of anything on such a board, I would probably 3x MP2's bet on the flop regardless. The times he calls and starts calling down with whatever he has will yield a lot more value than the few times we call him down for small bets.

As played on the turn I'd raise for the same reason, it's even less likely MP2 will improve with only one card left to come if he hasn't improved already, if there is any chance he has a big enough piece to make the pot bigger this is our chance. It doesn't look that much stronger to raise the turn than to call it and donk the river, since we don't really want to check again to a guy that only made 2 minimum bets so far, and potentially the pot can grow much bigger that way.

River is fine as played, when he minraises either he's bluffing or he has a big enough piece to call a big 3-bet.

Hope it helps.