[NL2-NL10] KK double stack against agro villian

• mineriva
      mineriva
      Bronze
      The hand was played on NL50 Cake so no stats.

My read on villian:
      Villian has been minraising about 6/10 hands whiles i have been @ the table and continuing almost ever hand. So he is really LAG/maniac. He really loves Ax.

2 hands earlyer I was in the BB when Villian minraised and the BTN called him. I had A8s and shiped (20bb) as a squeeze. Villian called and showed A7os !. I held up and doubled up. decided to play sb and complete the orbit.

So villian has some history also.

The hand:

***** Hand History for Game ***** (Cake Poker)
      $50.00 USD NL Texas Hold'em - ET 2010
      Table - Pebble Beach (Real Money)
      Seat 5 is the button
      Seat 1: VILLIAN ( $37.97 USD )
      Seat 2: CakeSeat2 ( $29.50 USD )
      Seat 3: CakeSeat3 ( $40.79 USD )
      Seat 4: CakeSeat4 ( $61.75 USD )
      Seat 5: HERO ( $19.50 USD )
      Seat 7: CakeSeat7 ( $49.50 USD )
      Seat 8: CakeSeat8 ( $28.38 USD )
      Seat 9: CakeSeat9 ( $59.15 USD )
      Seat 10: CakeSeat10 ( $25.30 USD )
      CakeSeat7 posts small blind [$0.25 USD].
      CakeSeat8 posts big blind [$0.50 USD].
      ** Dealing down cards **
      Dealt to hero [ Ks Kd ]
      2X folds
      CakeSeat1 raises [$1.00 USD]
      3X folds
      hero raises [$4.25 USD]
      2X folds
      CakeSeat1 calls [$3.25 USD]

** Dealing Flop ** [ Ac, 6h, Jh ]
      CakeSeat1 checks
      hero bets [$4.62 USD]
      CakeSeat1 raises [$33.72 USD]
      hero folds
      CakeSeat1 wins $29.10 USD
      CakeSeat1 wins $17.59 USD from main pot

PREFLOP:
      Ok so my 3bet was a bit bigger than it should be but i knew villian does not fold easy to 3bet so i wanted to exploit that and also with the bigger stack I wanted to create a very good Stack to Pot ratio.

FLOP:
      BOOOOO. I hate the flop!!!! I still made a 1/2psb cb thinking he should give me credit after the double up. When he c/r AI I put him on Ax and folded.

MY excuse:
      I was tilting a bit because of a very bad session at that stage I had gone 4 BI down with overpair vs OESD comming, JJ runing into QQ and AQ (sb)runing into AA(BB) and the squeeze atempt I will post later.

Now looking again I believe:
      I like my preflop play it was designed to commit me to any flop. It is a horrible flop but against such an aggro villian who has just lost to us we simply have to go broke. This Villian would do this with his FD the whole day.

my question:
      Should I call the c/r AI?
  • 2 replies
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      if you have good notes on the Villain and that he really likes to min.raise Ax, then i would play the same...fold after his donky all-in. With double stack is anway better to protect it, the play it...
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      I even make it bigger preflop to like $5 because 1) you are OOP, 2) you want valuevaluevalue and 3) It plays easier postflop

Betting between 50-55% postflop is fine but definitly fold to a check/raise. Does a fish plays draws aggressively? Probably not. A maniac fish is between 50-50% but even then you are no way ahead against a combodraw.

Moreover talking about combo's, there are more combo's of Ax than flushdraws/gutters

Therefore just bet/fold and have no hard feelings about this hand.

What u may consider is shoving preflop, it sounds crazy and overbetting-ish but if he loves Ax, he is more bound to call

- Gerv