Stack
      Hero:
      $5,61
      CO:
      $5,00
      BU:
      $8,38

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J:heart: , J:club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0,20, MP3 folds, CO raises to $0,60, BU calls $0,60, 2 folds, Hero calls $0,40.

Flop: ($1,87) 4:heart: , 7:club: , T:club: (3 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks, BU bets $1,00, Hero calls $1,00, CO folds.

Turn: ($3,87) 5:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero ???

Final Pot: $3,87

Fold preflop?

Now on flop agrresor folds and BU might be playing his position?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Preflop is fine, JJ is still very strong if CO isn't a super nit with a QQ+ 3-betting range in that spot, and the fact that BU looks just plain bad and overcalled makes it worth our while to stick around for sure.

If there is any chance CO has less than QQ+ I would lead out on the flop, CO won't c-bet less than Tx and BU doesn't look like we can count on him for valuebetting worse either, this would be bad for us to have that flop checked around. If CO raises with BU still in the hand i'm folding barring a read, and if CO folds i'm going broke against BU.

As played I'd probably just raise the flop and get it in against BU, CO would have bet into the fish if he had anything good so unless he's playing horribly some better hand or huge draw he's just check/folding, and we can count on BU to wrongly continue against a raise with Tx and a variety of draws.

Hope it helps.