This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH Middle pair on dry board

• brettwilde
      brettwilde
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Rejouer la main

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP2 (Hero):
      $10.49
      MP3:
      $29.18
      CO:
      $12.35
      BU:
      $10.35
      SB:
      $12.91
      BB:
      $12.37

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T, T.
      Hero raises to $0.40, MP3 calls $0.40, CO calls $0.40, 3 folds.

CO has a rock style: 15/6/2.5/14/65 (vpip/pfr/af/wtsd/hands). I'd put it him on 22-JJ, AJ+, KQ, 54s+.

Flop: ($1.35) 4, 6, 7 (3 players)
      Hero bets $1.00, MP3 folds, CO calls $1.00.

Turn: ($3.35) 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.00, CO calls $2.00.

Either I'm ahead vs a smaller pair or I'm behind a higher pair, a set or a straight. Playing in WA/WB (check/call or check/fold) is better? Or I can be still ahead and bet for value? CO has not the profile for floating: so a check for pot control is better?

River: ($7.35) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.00, CO calls $2.00.

I think the blockbet is useless here: the worst hands only fold.

How do you play this hand?
      Thank you...

Final Pot: $11.35.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Depends how passive he really is. Most of the time if you check to him he'll only bet better hands, so you have to realize it's a check/fold on your part when you decide not to bet.

When in doubt i like to err on the side of valuebetting, he could still have 87s/88-99 stuff from your range, frankly I think a 15/6 is even liable to show up with bad Ax hands that made a pair there. So I bet/fold the turn like you did.

On the river if you think he folds worse hands all the time check/folding is fine, I don't think your blockbet is really bad either especially if he's still aggressive enough to have raised sets/straights on earlier streets.

Hope it helps.