Stack
      BB:
      $2,96
      Hero:
      $9,00
      MP1:
      $4,85

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with Q:diamond: , A:club:
      Hero raises to $0,20, MP1 calls $0,20, 5 folds, BB raises to $2,96 (All-In), Hero???

Now here i was faced with a really difficult spot. BB was total fish/drunk/maniac/special person(up to you to choose one). He went AI preflop 4th or 5th time in a row, so by calling him I am +EV. I just dunno either to call or to reraise AI, because MP1`s call probably indicates that if he calls for value too(which he is for sure) I am flipping here. And if I call I am pot commited.
      Help pls?
  • 2 replies
    • LudiCoka
      LudiCoka
      Bronze
      Hi,

As you say, you crush BBs range with AQ and it's a +EV call, but you can't call because you'd commit yourself against MP1 anyway, so it's shove/fold position. Now MP1 is a 15/12 player and he only called your raise, if he had the intention to play more with it he would have 3bet you preflop. That said, MP1 will fold after your push like 99% of time so in my opinion you should just shove this hand and take the big blind fish's money.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by LudiCoka
      Hi,

As you say, you crush BBs range with AQ and it's a +EV call, but you can't call because you'd commit yourself against MP1 anyway, so it's shove/fold position. Now MP1 is a 15/12 player and he only called your raise, if he had the intention to play more with it he would have 3bet you preflop. That said, MP1 will fold after your push like 99% of time so in my opinion you should just shove this hand and take the big blind fish's money.
      This. Even if MP1 looks tight he probably still 3-bets the hands that dominate you most of the time, unless maybe he's aware of the situation with BB and didn't want to make him fold by showing too much strength.

If you just call MP1 might decides to take the flip also with hands you're flipping with that you'd rather make him fold like 99-JJ, and you can't fold even if he ends up jamming AK/QQ+ after your coldcall.

Just shove and hope for the best, knowing deep inside that there is nothing wrong with your line no matter what the result is.

Hope it helps.