[NL2-NL10] NL5 77(mp2), set on fd board, fr

• TetraQuark
      Known players:

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 7:spade: , 7:diamond:
      MP1 folds, Hero calls $0,05, MP3 folds, CO calls $0,05, BU folds, SB calls $0,03, BB checks.

Flop: ($0,20) 7:club: , Q:diamond: , J:diamond: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0,20, CO calls $0,20, SB folds, BB calls $0,20.

Turn: ($0,80) 8:diamond: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, CO bets $0,55, BB calls $0,55, Hero calls $0,55.

River: ($2,45) K:spade: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, CO bets $2,00, BB folds, Hero ???

19/16 player and his bet is a bit large? Good enough reason not to fold?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

Just open raise preflop it's just better all around, I see no reason to open limp 77 from MP2 against 2 tags and a fish that probably won't give you any trouble.

As played flop is obviously fine and turn is weird. While there is probably some value in betting against BB even if there is no value whatsoever in betting against CO once the flush comes, it would really suck to get blown off a boat redraw at that point too. Your call I guess, certainly nothing wrong with check/calling tho for CO to be betting into the fish and us on that card, he's got to have us beat already.

On the river I don't think we're ever ahead after CO bets twice into both of us, I'd fold. Not much to do with his bet sizing, just that I don't think a 19/16/1.4 ever screws around in that spot on the turn without a better hand than us or a big combo draw.

Hope it helps.