How to do the same? +6000 games and 53% ITM

• DonCorleone369
      Helluw everyone...

Last night I played against this mass multi-tabler. I checked his statistics via topshark and I was really amazed about his results.

I used this filter: All Data, Holdem, Normal, From $2.00 to $6.99, From 9 to 49.

Results on this particular SNG player:
      Games Played: 6368
      Ave. Profit: $0.37
      Tot. Profit: $2,370.80
      Ave. Buy-In: $4.73
      ITM %: 53.00%
      Early Finishes %: 7.00%
      Early Middle Finishes %: 19%
      Middle Late Finishes%: 10%
      Late Finishes: 41%

Although he's not playing high stakes poker I still admire him due to his amazing results at this particular level and I'd like to achieve some similar statistics :P

I was wondering how he can end up more than 50% ITM after playing +6000 games and probably going through the "standard" variance and/or poker downswings?

His 41% Late Finishes (which probably indicates 1st place alone) is also very exceptional. How can you achieve that since there will be times that you enter ITM play as a short-stack, big stack, or medium stack and need some crucial coin flips too to win the tournament? I mean +6000 games are we talking here. ?(

Aside from that, any suggestions on how to improve my heads-up game for the normal 9-player sng games? So I can win the tournament more often, let's say about 50% of the time =) .

Any feedback welcome...

Tilt = -EV Play
  • 6 replies
    • Janusrichmond
      To become a better heads up player you just need to play alot of heads up poker. Practice with low buy in heads up sngs, maybe turbo version to get higher blinds because the blinds are usually high in the end of a sng.

There is no "optimal strategy" for heads up because you need to change strategy depending on your oponent. So realy focus on your oponents move and try to put him on ranges.
    • BllackWolf
      Those are very impressive stats! I have played nowhere near that many games so I can't comment on how, but I would like to know as well! Maybe once you've played that quantity of games vs weak opponents you can start to read them like a book and the game suddenly becomes easy?
    • DonCorleone369
      Thx for the feedback!

I'll give the turbo heads-up SNG's a try.. and yeah hopefully I'll improve :tongue: ...

Yep quite impressive right ;) .. When I'm playing I track most of the players at the table via topshark and up to now he's the 1st I've seen with such a good result after a large example of sng's...
    • andreibalint
      I don't see that as impressive. His ROI is under 10% ! If he's playing normal sng's that's rather average. I think 15-20% is possible with the articles here at (maybe going to 25% if you're good).

He's probably mostly getting third. I don't wish you to be able to go his way!
    • yeahyoung0312
      One possibility is that he played a lot of double up or nothing sngs.

I don't know what "late finish" refers to but I think it means 4th place and up.

If he ended 53% in the money in full-ring sngs (which imo is OBVIOUSLY IMPOSSIBLE) in 6300 games, then his earning should be way higher than his actuall number.

• ihufa
      he plays DONs, get over it