[NL2-NL10] nl10 SH - BB vs. complete, TP + FD flop

• BattleHunter
      BattleHunter
      Coach
      Coach
      Cake Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Cake-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($9.20)
      SB ($3.11)
      Hero (BB) ($19.32)
      UTG ($1.35)
      MP ($5.38)
      CO ($10.40)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8, 2
      4 folds, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.20) 5, 6, 8 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.15, SB calls $0.15

Turn: ($0.50) 3 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.30, SB calls $0.30

River: ($1.10) 5 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Total pot: $1.10 | Rake: $0.07

I was really happy with that flop - my top pair is often good and even if it isn't I have quite some outs. I value bet flop and turn.

Now what about the river? I put villain on some small pocket pairs, but 5x and 6x are definitely a large part of what villain would call that flop with. I kind of felt that he might be trying to trap me with rivered trips or something so I check behind.
      Can I find a 3rd value bet on that river? Or do I turn my hand entirely into a bluff with a river bet, allowing even weaker hands to make me fold a winner with a c/r?
  • 2 replies
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      Flop and turn are good. Value betting river is 2 thin against most people imo.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by johnbeattie85
      Flop and turn are good. Value betting river is 2 thin against most people imo.
      This, tho I would bet bigger on the turn, there are still plenty of drawing hands like flushdraws and pair+gutshot/OESD stuff that can call an even bigger bet.

Also if SB is fit-or-fold type postflop I don't mind even raising 82s preflop, since most of the time you don't need cards.

Hope it helps.