This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl10 SH - BB vs. complete, TP + FD flop

• BattleHunter
      BattleHunter
      Bronze
      Cake Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Cake-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($9.20)
      SB ($3.11)
      Hero (BB) ($19.32)
      UTG ($1.35)
      MP ($5.38)
      CO ($10.40)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8, 2
      4 folds, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.20) 5, 6, 8 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.15, SB calls $0.15

Turn: ($0.50) 3 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.30, SB calls $0.30

River: ($1.10) 5 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Total pot: $1.10 | Rake: $0.07

I was really happy with that flop - my top pair is often good and even if it isn't I have quite some outs. I value bet flop and turn.

Now what about the river? I put villain on some small pocket pairs, but 5x and 6x are definitely a large part of what villain would call that flop with. I kind of felt that he might be trying to trap me with rivered trips or something so I check behind.
      Can I find a 3rd value bet on that river? Or do I turn my hand entirely into a bluff with a river bet, allowing even weaker hands to make me fold a winner with a c/r?
  • 2 replies
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      Flop and turn are good. Value betting river is 2 thin against most people imo.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by johnbeattie85
      Flop and turn are good. Value betting river is 2 thin against most people imo.
      This, tho I would bet bigger on the turn, there are still plenty of drawing hands like flushdraws and pair+gutshot/OESD stuff that can call an even bigger bet.

Also if SB is fit-or-fold type postflop I don't mind even raising 82s preflop, since most of the time you don't need cards.

Hope it helps.