[NL2-NL10] A few NL5 hands

• asahi11
      asahi11
      Bronze
      Some hands from early session on NL5 Rush@FTP which left me with some questions. Can't provide much info on players as it's Rush poker, I guess I'm looking for 'in general' kinda answers/opinions.

## Was this a stupid All-in? I figured he'd just call my raise if he had AK and he called my raise preflop after limping. Risky I guess, but just seemed right.
      $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Holdem
      FullTiltPoker
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG butanheart ($4.52)
      UTG+1 davor987 ($3.18)
      CO netoAK47 ($21.51)
      BTN Hero ($3.55)
      SB colombo911 ($4.37)
      BB ScooTizzle ($2)

Pre-Flop: ($0.07, 6 players) Hero is BTN Q:club: A:heart:
      butanheart calls $0.05, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.25, 2 folds, butanheart calls $0.20

Flop: A:diamond: K:spade: K:club: ($0.57, 2 players)
      butanheart checks, Hero bets $0.35, butanheart raises to $0.85, Hero goes all-in $3.30, butanheart folds

Final Pot: $4.72

Hero wins $4.57 (net +$1.02)

butanheart lost $1.10

## Did I give up too easily? As soon as I'd folded, felt like I missed out on something.
      FullTiltPoker
      6 Players

Stacks:
      UTG ($5.02)
      Hero (UTG+1) ($4.79)
      CO ($4.09)
      BTN ($6.50)
      SB ($2)
      BB ($3.36)

Pre-Flop: ($0.07, 6 players) Hero is UTG+1 10:spade: 10:club:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.15, 3 folds, BB calls $0.10

Flop: 7:heart: 4:heart: 5:spade: ($0.32, 2 players)
      BB bets $0.32, Hero folds

Final Pot: $0.64

BB wins $0.62 (net +$0.15)

Hero lost $0.15

## Panicked and went all in. I was worried about flushdraw. What should I have done?
      FullTiltPoker
      6 Players

Stacks:
      UTG ($3.18)
      Hero ($5.02)
      CO ($1.35)
      BTN ($16.62)
      SB ($6.99)
      BB ($2.71)

Pre-Flop: ($0.07, 6 players) Hero is UTG+1 Q:diamond: K:diamond:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.15, 2 folds, SB calls $0.13, BB calls $0.10

Flop: J:spade: 6:spade: 9:diamond: ($0.45, 3 players)
      SB bets $0.15, BB calls $0.15, Hero calls $0.15

Turn: 10:heart: ($0.90, 3 players)
      SB bets $0.15, BB calls $0.15, Hero goes all-in $4.72, SB folds, BB folds

Final Pot: $5.92

Hero wins $5.83 (net +$0.81)

SB lost $0.45
      BB lost $0.45

Thanks for reading and thanks for any feedback.
  • 4 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hey

I will move this to BSS since you are playing with a 100bb stack

Furthermore, the 1-hand-1-thread rule is made up to make sure the posters get the best feedback from the judges. If you merge like 5 hands in 1 thread, the thread will be really chaotic in terms of judging and effectiveness

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • asahi11
      asahi11
      Bronze
      Thanks Gerv.

Sorry I must have got the rules wrong, I thought it was no more than 3 per thread? Are there another set of rules somewhere else that I need to read?
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      They are here
      special rules in the handjudgement forums

Yes it is now saying 3 hands per thread but i think those 3 hands must have a strong relevance with each other. If you have 3 hands while 1 is about restealing, 1 about whether to go all-in preflop and 1 about the river then I think it is more wisely for you to make 3 independent threads :)

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I agree with Gerv on everything he said forum-wise.

As for the hands...

I don't see a point in shoving there really, that's the only way we might scare him off Ax/bluffs, by shoving lots of strength. Provided he's loose enough to be making that raise with less than Kx, I'd rather call and commit to calling him down against a monsters/Ax/bluffs range than isolate myself against better hands by shoving the flop.

If you think he will somehow not give you more money after the flop with top pairs while he will stack off with them on the flop, and that he's also never bluffing there, shoving for value makes sense but that's one hell of an assumption and I think it's wrong in general against nearly every fish out there.

Sure, depending on who he is he might be pure bluffing figuring you miss that board all the time, he might be semibluffing with some flushdraw/straightdraw, he might have a worse made hand like 88-99/7x that he's protecting, who knows. The tighter he is the more I'd just call, expecting him to play pretty transparently once the turn which looks more profitable than blindly raising his flop donk and getting shoved on by a blurry range. We'd need to call it off at that point too, which doesn't really suit more without knowing that he's loose enough to do that with worse quite often.

Panicking when you hit the nuts is really odd :> That coupled with the tight fold you made in #2 makes me think your dominant leaks are emotional, which is something to watch out for.

Depending on how the villains play I might just raise the flop but there is nothing wrong with calling in position. On the turn they don't look strong at all but you can't really let them draw with those odds either, just make a normal raise to $0.90 or so and hope they stick around with whatever they have.

Hope it helps.