Thats it- no more poker for me

• Sasa1234
      Sasa1234
      Bronze
      I am winning player at NL100 (7 bb/100) but in the last ~350k hands im running 5700$ under my EV, this month alone i lost 3400$ in 56K hands i played(I should be breakeven according to EV calculations)

I'm sick of all badbeats and I really dont want to spend my time on this anymore, I withdraw al my money from everest poker and i have no intentions returning to poker any time soon. :s_mad:
  • 27 replies
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      ok cya
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hey,

Sorry to hear about your hard times atm.
      All poker players have to deal with these issues and when we make it through these we become better and stronger.

Hope things turn around for you if you decide to stay. Just to let you know, there are plenty of guys/girls that already gone through these rough times and would be more than willing to help with your mental state of mind with this.

Goodluck and just think of how nice the upswing will be when it all turns back on you :)

Regards,
      Kyle
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      lol, diamond player quitting poker. Dude you are more funny then "is Pokerstars/FTP/whatever rigged?" guys!

So you say making 30$+ per hour is something you don't want. Ok, good luck working for a boss for probably 30% of that, maybe 50%...

Warren Buffett lost in 2008 25 BILLION dollars !!! He didn't post on forums that he's quitting investing.

I know it feels like shit, but I also know it's great when you break the maximum you've ever had.
    • harleytopper
      harleytopper
      Bronze
      At least you made many people happy :f_p:
    • ZexKK
      ZexKK
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Sasa1234
      and i have no intentions returning to poker any time soon. :s_mad:
      Let the guy chill off, he will come back, after that much played hands poker is in his blood. And I'm sure he will start wining again.
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      I'm sorry to hear this - but bad beats happen, and sometimes they hit you with full force. But the important thing is to get back on your feet and not letting this bother you too much :)
    • ZhiCheng
      ZhiCheng
      Bronze
      runnin below ev sucks.. I think you should have a nice chat with caltabiano ..
      im sure ull change ur mind then
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      [quote][i] I withdraw al my money from everest poker and i have no intentions returning to poker any time soon. :s_mad: [/quote]Well at least you have something to withdraw............(or is less then you deposited?)

You'll be back.......... :s_biggrin:
    • csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      I think 57 buyins below EV is probably "winning" i hit 44 today.

But you can't say you win at 7bb/100. You run at 7bb/100 when you don't include when you run bad and 350k hands is a significant sample size to give your current win rate, YES even if you run bad it is still your current win rate. You just have to accept that put your head down and improve.

But clearly you are not in the right frame of mind so take a long break pursue other interests and then try another site, a change of scenary could do wonders.
    • MathhNes
      MathhNes
      Bronze
      Once you think the site is rigged or that you are an unlucky player you are on TILT! Because you can't play your A-game any longer and you will be risk averse. So good idea to start fresh on a new site maybe
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by Sasa1234
      ... and I really dont want to spend my time on this anymore, I withdraw al my money from everest poker and i have no intentions returning to poker any time soon. :s_mad:
      I was there also back in September last year... Withdraw everything, enjoy easy life for few months and be happy :) You'll be back after some time because you'll start to miss is somehow.
    • XZaar
      XZaar
      Bronze
      Hmmm I m also having some bad beats at everest lately, the past couple weeks things got nasty. Hope its not the software ruled by this crisis heheheh.
      Good thing you got some $ to withdraw though. Have fun.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      No one quits poker
    • cash4mebg
      cash4mebg
      Bronze
      Former poker player is just like "former gay", it just can't happen :D :s_cool:
    • benem75
      benem75
      Bronze
      you should play live.ive been playing at a club for 4 years and have shown a profit each year. in 2009 i won 11k playing 1-2 cash.i joined stoxpoker and found it a great help for live cash. i have been playing online for 2 years and have lost around 4k.i cannot win online at 5cent 10cent yet i can win live at 1-2.i won a 200euro buy in live event but online i struggle in a 6$ sng. i would love to be able to win online as its so convenient but i doubt i can. today i played 20 sng 6$ on ps, i won 1 was 3rd in another and lost 18. of the 18 i lost i hd the best hand 15 times when the money went in and lost them all. i know why live is easier, when you raise live and then shove all in with AK on a flop of AK8 you wont be called by someone holding 8-9,but thats exactly what happened to me today.of course an 8 on the turn and its all over. and then the rest of the donkeys type nh and wp in the chatbox. then some of the "experts" here will tell you youll win in the long run. well two years is a pretty long run. i can recite icm push/fold tables in my sleep,i can tell you how to push unexploitably using nash calculator, i can tell you how to punish HBL, i can get my money in good the majority of the time but the one thing i cant do is WIN. seriously any advice would be gratefully accepted.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      ^^Start calling with 89 obv
    • benem75
      benem75
      Bronze
      wow, im impressed.
      someone of your intelligence able to use a keyboard.
      theres hope for everyone.
    • Pasty92
      Pasty92
      Bronze
      edit
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      sorry to hear you are running that bad , but there's no point using your time playing a game you don't enjoy anymore .... losing 5k is just money. if you still like it then grind it out.

Originally posted by benem75
      you should play live.ive been playing at a club for 4 years and have shown a profit each year. in 2009 i won 11k playing 1-2 cash.i joined stoxpoker and found it a great help for live cash. i have been playing online for 2 years and have lost around 4k.i cannot win online at 5cent 10cent yet i can win live at 1-2.i won a 200euro buy in live event but online i struggle in a 6$ sng. i would love to be able to win online as its so convenient but i doubt i can. today i played 20 sng 6$ on ps, i won 1 was 3rd in another and lost 18. of the 18 i lost i hd the best hand 15 times when the money went in and lost them all. i know why live is easier, when you raise live and then shove all in with AK on a flop of AK8 you wont be called by someone holding 8-9,but thats exactly what happened to me today.of course an 8 on the turn and its all over. and then the rest of the donkeys type nh and wp in the chatbox. then some of the "experts" here will tell you youll win in the long run. well two years is a pretty long run. i can recite icm push/fold tables in my sleep,i can tell you how to push unexploitably using nash calculator, i can tell you how to punish, i can get my money in good the majority of the time but the one thing i cant do is WIN. seriously any advice would be gratefully accepted.
      keep wishing they fold with the worse hand, that logic is spot on.