[NL2-NL10] Nl5 - T7

• shanshichi
      Known players:

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with T:club: , 7:spade:
      MP1 calls $0.04, 3 folds, BU calls $0.04, Hero calls $0.02, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.16) T:spade: , 7:diamond: , Q:club: (4 players)
      Hero bets $0.16, BB calls $0.16, MP1 calls $0.16, BU folds.

Turn: ($0.64) J:heart: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.45, BB calls $0.45, MP1 raises to $0.90, Hero folds, BB calls $0.45.

River: ($2.89) 6:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, MP1 bets $0.04, BB calls $0.04.

Final Pot: $2.97

Results follow (highlight to see):
      BB shows a pair of jacks (Jc Kc)
      MP1 shows two pairs, queens and jacks (Js Qh)

MP1 wins with two pairs, queens and jacks (Js Qh)

nh ?
  • 2 replies
    • STR82ACE
      Fold preflop. You're OOP with rags, and nothing short of a miracle flop will help you.
      Both called the cbet, so you are most likely against a Q10 or QJ or a straight draw.
      Would have checked the turn and re evaluate. Call a smallish bet of up to 1/2 pot, but fold anything larger, hoping to boat up on the river.

Just read the results for my own purpose to see how close I was. Its a good idea not to post the results at all, even with the ghosting text, for a much better analysis.
    • MaestroOfZerg

I think your line is fine. You only have 4 outs at best if you're behind and maybe less if somebody has something like JT, it's not like we're really worried about getting blown off our hand. Since these players are loose overall they should have a lot of trashy Qx hands in their preflop ranges and they will also call with stuff like pair+draws that the J helped.

Hope it helps.