[NL2-NL10] Nl5 - Kk

• shanshichi
      Known players:

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:diamond: , K:heart:
      3 folds, MP3 calls $0.04, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.16, MP3 calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.34) 7:spade: , Q:spade: , 8:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.24, MP3 raises to $4.96 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $5.54

His stats weren't displayed since this was the first hand that came to me.
      In this situation , i think he had me ... now that i see his stats i'm more inclined to say that folding was indeed my best choise . :f_biggrin:
  • 2 replies
    • STR82ACE
      Can't say I could fold even if I had seen his stats during the hand. Remember your goal here is get it all in preflop or on the flop with KK and AA. I'm still thinking you're ahead of most of his range, only behind pocket Q's, 7's, and 8's. Since he originally limped preflop, you can eliminate Q's from his range IMO.
    • MaestroOfZerg

I don't think you can eliminate much of anything from his range, limping is just what this player does all the time.

I used to snap call these shoves a while back and it seemed very profitable, i'm sure it still is against some players. But I see these days a lot more players just overbet jam the flop with the nuts and we call them because it doesn't make sense on their part to not play the nuts slower. The problem is they don't think to begin, or they know it looks very bluffy so it's their way of trapping us. I'm still calling most of them because there are enough truly bad players for us to be ahead a decent amount, but i'm a lot less happy about it than I was a few months back and when I get a bad vibe off somebody i sometimes find a fold given the odds.

Hope it helps.