[NL2-NL10] NL5 FR AQo @ BU - Rush Poker

• prg09
      prg09
      Bronze
      Hi,
      villain 3-bet me PF and i called. Then he lead out on the flop. Somehow I didn't want to get dominated by a possible AA,AK so i folded. I guess this was not the best move here... What should i have done then? Call his bet or raise him? If called or raised his bet, what should have been my plan for the turn and river? I just have hadno idea how to find out if he is trapping me with AA or AK...

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP1:
      $8.41
      MP2:
      $1.37
      MP3:
      $2.82
      CO:
      $5.00
      BU (Hero):
      $6.52
      SB:
      $2.00
      BB:
      $1.91
      UTG1:
      $7.21
      UTG2:
      $4.53

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q, A.
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.05, MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.22, CO folds, Hero calls $0.22, 3 folds.

Flop: ($0.56) A, 9, 8 (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.40, Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.56.
  • 2 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Well if you don't have an idea of how he plays to share with us then we probably don't know either :p

In the end we're all making assumptions based on how a lot of players play and we go with it against unknowns. He raised preflop to isolate a limper yet he doesn't have a full stack, so probably isn't raising there as wide as I would be, but he can certainly have worse Ax hands still unless he's very tight. No matter what he had this is a decent board to fire at even if he didn't flop anything, so you can't really just fold AQ on that flop.

If you can't put anything other than AK/AA in his range when he bets that flop, what were you hoping for by calling preflop with AQ? Just call the flop as a standard and see what happens on the turn. Personally once I get there without a read against a 60bb player I'd call him down, provided he's capable of valuebetting worse Ax or bluffing at all we're ahead enough.

Hope it helps.
    • prg09
      prg09
      Bronze
      Hi,
      thank you for your comments. As usual i really appreciate your thoughts!
      Just one quick note: obviously, i didn't put villain on AA,Ak pre flop...:) ))