[NL2-NL10] NL10, limped pot.

• 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Well I know a way not to go broke in that limped pot, make it a raised pot instead ;) Seriously there is no good reason not to open raise that hand. Even if CO is fishy it's not like we're afraid to play pots with him, and the rest of the players probably are tags that will just go away a good amount. Even if they don't, we can still represent big cards by c-betting a ton of flops and we'll also hit a set sometimes.

As played postflop I probably wouldn't do anything differently, I'd go broke on the flop and hope I end up on the good side of this obvious cooler. I toyed with the idea of just calling the 3-bet in position, but there are some cards cards that make even more straights that we don't really wanna see on the turn as it might convince lower sets to slow down. It's still a fine line especially if you think he could hero fold something like 22 to the massive strength that a flop 4-bet shows, that way he can put you on some kind of 5x hands or something and will feel like protecting on most turns.

Hope it helps.