Party Poker 1K freeroll.

• jefeche
      jefeche
      Bronze
      Well i decided to take advantage of the Party Poker freeroll.

So I played like a total of say 20 hands. Really tight!

but i thik there were 1200 players... so i at east managed to come in 28th

position, and bank 5.20 for my efforts....

Final hand was 10 10, i went all in. One caller with A7 and A hits flop.
      Out!

Good game though, considering i was short stack, and it seems i dont know what i am doing with short stack theory from what i gather.

Good luck all.
  • 4 replies
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Good job, jefeche!

28th out of 1200 players is a really good result. Congratulations! But don't use the short stack strategy while you are playing tournaments. Normally that doesn't work. Tournament play needs certain adjustments. I recommend to read some books about tournament play (Harrington on Hold'em) or wait for our new tournament strategy area.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • Mugge88
      Mugge88
      Bronze
      Still if you get shortstacked in a tour, you will have to adjust your tournament strategy to the situation (but still not like the SSS though). :)

Congratulations on the result
    • jefeche
      jefeche
      Bronze
      Yeah, i have read harringtons books.

I did adjust my play. So when my M count was something like 8 or 9

and i had 10 10 ater being SS i went all in.

With previous hands, i guess i could of adjusted and made a move with 82's or 7'3 but i never felt it, and most likley id be called.

So when i had 10 10 if I win that hand my M count goes to about 20 and i have more room to breath and most ikey make it to final table for a shot to win.

Yeah 28th not bad.

By the way using the SSS strategy in the 5 10 cent tables hasnt worked for me.
      ust to give you an example i had 60 in account, now i have 50 again.

One ket hand we were all in my AQ suited against AJ, and 2 aces hit flop and Jon river.

Another key handi have KK and i get pushed in and A2 comes out a winner.

The other ones well one i flopped the nuts and lost to runner runner, and so forth..

ANyway from what i gather you guys are the experts so even if i have to lose it all i will only do what you tell me is profitable i guess.
    • Mugge88
      Mugge88
      Bronze
      Why do you say that sss doesn't work for you? In the two hands you mention you get called by worse hands = your move was +ev, and there call was -ev. Even if you got unlucky and lost the hands in these situations, you still came out as the winner!

But just keep reading, practicing, posting hands and most importantly learn from it all, and eventually you will start winning some money too :)

Good luck with it,
      Mugge