Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP3:
      $1.38
      Hero:
      $1.62

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.76 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:club: , Q:heart:
      2 folds, MP3 calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.08, 3 folds, MP3 calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.19) 2:diamond: , 7:club: , Q:club: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $0.12, MP3 calls $0.12.

Turn: ($0.43) 9:spade: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $0.38, MP3 calls $0.38.

River: ($1.19) 6:spade: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $1.19

I checked here in under the theory that if he wouldnt call unless he had me beat and to give him a chance to bluff me if he didnt have me beat.

Im wondering if I should have bet the river as I felt pretty sure I had the best hand and the villian is extremely passive?
  • 5 replies
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      First of all buy in for full stack if you r playing BSS.
      Next, you can't say how passive he is by 6 hand sample size. It's way too small.
      And regarding the hand - just bet, bet, bet. TPTK is good enough to keep betting as there's flush draw out there and I doubt he could fold worse Qx.
    • corsc
      corsc
      Bronze
      Ok, thanks.
      I hadnt found the auto-topup options on FT yet, thats been rectified :)
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      first of all we cannot assume his af of 0.6 or any stat for that matter with only 6 hands.

Preflop: raise to 0.10
      Flop: i would bet just over 2/3rds
      Turn: as played, fine
      River: as played, i would put in a 1/2 pot. Feel like this player is calling with a fd.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by Duudalinja
      First of all buy in for full stack if you r playing BSS.
      Next, you can't say how passive he is by 6 hand sample size. It's way too small.
      And regarding the hand - just bet, bet, bet. TPTK is good enough to keep betting as there's flush draw out there and I doubt he could fold worse Qx.
      While it's true we can't call him a passive station yet, he still played 2 hands out of 6, seemingly never putting in either a bet or a raise. So we can at least make the assumption that he's probably on the passive side, until proven otherwise.

That means we have to err on the side of valuebetting for the moment. And since my default line would be to fire again on the river even if had 0 hands on him, I definitely agree about the standard bet/bet/bet line to take in that spot, I'd probably bet slightly bigger on the flop and fire out ~3/4 on the river again.

I hear what justkyle88 is saying about betting half pot on the river, but we don't know if that guy can make these really light calls yet, so I'd rather not loose value the times he has Qx and we're sure he's not going anywhere.

Hope it helps.
    • corsc
      corsc
      Bronze
      Thank you for the advice :)