this site is a bad joke

• sugarcos
      sugarcos
      Bronze
      day after day, i am starting to believe that your offer and this site is a bad joke.
      now you asking me to send a picture of me holding the ID???? WTF????
      You think that i am faking my ID and driving license for 50 bucks??
      I have account to all big gambling sites: Bwin, bet365, Party poker, Poker Stars, bet-at-home. No one didn't asked for a picture of me, neither at deposit or withdraw.

Let me say this: in your rules does not say anything about sending to you a picture of me. I have send the color copy of my ID's and driver license, you have my phone to contact me, but NO, you want a picture of me.

Fine: Please let me see the part in the terms&conditions, in that is specified that you could ask for a real life picture of me and i will send it.

Until then, i will report this site to the http://www.ibas-uk.com/, and also i will report you for misleading advertising. Also i am asking to all other unsatisfied members to report this site and

On all the poker forums that i know, i will not recommend this site.

I am sure that i will no receive my 50 bucks now, after this post, even i will send my pictures (if is written in the rules i will make this) but that's not a real problem. The real problem is the lost time and the fact that i have already sent my ID's copies to a fraudulent company.
  • 29 replies
    • s1m0nmp
      s1m0nmp
      Global
      no need to be angry
      a lot of people are applying for starting capital here and they just try to make sure YOU are the person asking for it. it has been a same case for some people and most of them got their starting capital after resending the photo of them holding the ID:
      while waiting, i have sent you a friend request with a message, that ease your pain...
      good luck
    • sugarcos
      sugarcos
      Bronze
      my problem is that no one, never asked for me a live photo and also in site's terms&condition is nothing specified about this. also i am not 100% that i will receive the money after that step.
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hi sugarcos,

Sorry to hear that your first experience of PokerStrategy has not been as enjoyable as we would normally expect it would be.

I can confirm that this is not a scam and PokerStrategy have close to 3 million delighted members spread right across the world, from all regions, religions, cultures and backgrounds.

You are of course right to be cautious when dealing with any online company, however I can confirm that PokerStrategy is both a legitimate and highly responsible & well respected company. This is not a scam.

All personal details are treated in strictest confidence and never provided outside of the customer support team/Head Admins. For example moderators do not have access to your details.

The security team use a variety of different methods when they undertake an ID check on a new member and taking a photo of yourself holding the relevant ID is one of those methods.

The following link will provide an insight in to the checks:

Hope this helps, and we look forward to hopefully seeing you active within the forums in the coming days/weeks.

Best regards,
      -Steve
    • MaliSunSeT
      MaliSunSeT
      Bronze
      The forum starts to be more and more ridiculous - There are more threads about "rigged rooms" or complains than interesting threads about Poker !!!

"Until then, i will report this site to the http://www.ibas-uk.com/, and also i will report you for misleading advertising. Also i am asking to all other unsatisfied members to report this site"

You will surely be alone for that move. Don't be childish and send your pic or maybe your pic is worth more than 50$?

There are a lot of people who complain when they register to this site but after a clear explication, they are happy. And before crying like you did, you should send a ticket and ask politely.
    • sugarcos
      sugarcos
      Bronze
      ok. i want to see where is wrote that you need a live photo of me??
      because in this: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/idcheck/ does not exist any reference to this.
      i am not sure that is a good thing to ask something that is not wrote in your rules/terms&condition. When i have signed in i accepted the rules, rules that say that you may ask for a copy of ID's, rules that DO NOT mention anything about a live photo.

I am not sure what confidence to have in a site that doesn't respects his own rules in the first place.
      You have no respect for the people that sign-up. You judge them as delinquents, even if they provide the copies that prove their identity.
      The live photo with the id beside the face, is the same with being photographed by the police.
    • sugarcos
      sugarcos
      Bronze
      sugarcos,
      24.03.10 15:32: Hello,

How much time takes the ID check, and after what time i will receive the 50$ bonus?

Thank you.
      Quisqueya,
      24.03.10 17:43: Dear sugarcos,

Thank you for your message.
      This process might take about 72 hours to be finished.

Transfers might take around 48 hours.

Best regards,
      Quisqueya
      sugarcos,
      26.03.10 22:57: Hello,

There are over 72hours from the moment that i have sent to you my id's.
      Is there a problem? Or what is happening?
      Thanks
      Quisqueya,
      27.03.10 10:56: Dear sugarcos,

Due to security reasons, security team requires the following document:

- a photo of you holding your ID card next to your face.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
      Quisqueya
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi sugarcos,

These security measures are becoming more & more standard these days. Sadly, there are some people out there that abuse PokerStrategy's good will and attempt to defraud it with multiple applications.

These security measures help to protect PokerStrategy from such attempts whilst also providing genuine members with protection on their PokerStrategy accounts. Once completed, you will not be asked for these details again.

We appreciate your concerns, but can confirm that all the details, documents and pictures you send are treated in strictest confidence.

We would ask for your co-operation in providing the support team with whatever they request. Upon successful clearance your starting capital will follow shortly after.

Hope this helps to reassure you, any questions, don't hesitate to contact the support team for further assistance.

Best regards,

Bart
    • sugarcos
      sugarcos
      Bronze
      Why don't ask the photos from the start? Why are you stalling? I think that is a reason?
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sugarcos
      Why don't ask the photos from the start? Why are you stalling? I think that is a reason?
      Hello again,

I don't know to be perfectly honest, I'm just a forum moderator, I don't work for the support team and for security reasons, do not have access to your details.

I'm guessing that the standard documentation is usually sufficient to pass the ID check without the need for additional photos.

Don't get too hung up on the reasons why they request things or take it personally however, just provide whatever they require to satisfy them that you are who you say you are. As soon as they have cleared your ID, your starting capital will quickly follow.

Best regards,

Bart
    • moodyuae
      moodyuae
      Bronze
      Pokerstrategy isnt a scam.

I received my capital 2 years ago, pissed it away in 2 days, but thats because of my own stupidity.

I still play regularly on the internet though, PS also sends me rakeback weekly. Thats practically MORE free money.

True story.

So if you send your picture or whatever, all good.

If you dont, your missing out. No Rakeback, no starting capital.

Cheers.
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      To the people at pokerstrategy,

as the thread starter pointed out your site is a scam. I would like to provide some advice to you though. normally the more successful scams don't give people money and ask for nothing in return like you do. you really need to work on your scamming abilities

PS keep up the good work. bank roll at $1000 and its thanks to you :)
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by evertonroar
      To the people at pokerstrategy,

as the thread starter pointed out your site is a scam. I would like to provide some advice to you though. normally the more successful scams don't give people money and ask for nothing in return like you do. you really need to work on your scamming abilities

PS keep up the good work. bank roll at $1000 and its thanks to you :)
      :D

Nice work with your bankroll evertonroar, keep it going my friend.

Just a footnote... people are of course right to be cautious in giving away personal details on the internet, but I can confirm that PokerStrategy is 100% legitimate and a hugely respected company in the industry (as recently shown by the industry award).

Best regards,

Bart
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      you are already pretty desperate imo to want the free $50 depsite having accounts with so many poker rooms. and it shows that you're a most probably a losing player lols.well, i believe at the end of the day, you're just going to be a good boy and send your face shot over, unless you want to continue to be a fish lol :f_love: :f_love:
    • gdiamond
      gdiamond
      Bronze
      i must say i had no problems, maybe took a little longer than expected (over a week) but wth its free. my friend also has had no problems and benefited from the site. sorry to hear you have had it so rough.

but thankyou pokerstategy.com keep up the good work
    • vanja27
      vanja27
      Bronze
      this site is the best place for anyone who want to learn something about poker.there is many articles and videos and they are FREE.i got my starting capital without problems so...

greetings from Croatia :D
    • stansai
      stansai
      Basic
      If you have deposited in all big sites like you claim, why go through the effort for fifty bucks?
    • Abe1919
      Abe1919
      Bronze
      I was scepticle at first but it's true,PS does give away free money..........
      who'd of thought?
    • Cealin
      Cealin
      Bronze
      Even though this obviously is not a scam, I think that if you feel it is to much interfering with your privacy, don't sent it.

So just see for yourself how you feel about this, maybe see what others think and make your decision.
    • sugarcos
      sugarcos
      Bronze
      ok. I thought that the terms&conditions are valid for all: members and site staff. in those rules, there is not a single word about sending a real photo for id confirmation.
      i asked to be directed to the rule that says clearly that it could be possible to be asked for a live photo. it's clear, i am stupid because i am guiding myself by the site's terms&conditions.

PS: The rules exist to be infringed (or the rules are for stupid peoples).
      topic closed.