ICM training

• Bezeal
      Bezeal
      Bronze
      How do you train ICM? Just by using the ICM trainer and do it alot to just develop a feel for the right decision?

Is it all based on your intuition or can you work it out more clearly in some way?

I really feel this is the weakest stage of my game at the moment.

What settings do you use in the trainer? I have it at random stack size, but it only gives me problems where im an underdog. Never equal or larger stack.
  • 2 replies
    • Proky11
      Proky11
      Bronze
      I have it at random stack size, but it only gives me problems where im an underdog. Never equal or larger stack.
      I have the same problem
    • z4tz
      z4tz
      Bronze
      This is strange. I get mostly where I'm an underdog but some where i am the big stack or alike. If you want other situations just change the settings to practice specific situations where you have problems more.

The ICM trainer is a great way to get a feel for whats wrong and whats right. All you have to remember is that those ranges you use there cant be applied to the table you play straight of since they players you play against push and call with the ranges in the ICM-trainer. Therefore we have to adapt and abuse their weaknesses like calling to few hands or to many hands in different situations.
      For this SNGwiz is a great tool where you can adjust your opponents ranges to what you can push and call with yourself depending on your opponent.
      A mixture of the both i find quite good and also some knowledge about how ICM works and what effects it has so you can apply it is very good.