[NL20-NL50] AA river overbet

• VzLOM
      VzLOM
      Bronze
      64\3\3\river AF 4.5 AFq 50%
      I think he's bluffing rarely, but mb JQ is in his range whilehe's so weird.
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($156)
      BB ($94.15)
      Hero ($87.30)
      UTG+1 ($11.25)
      CO ($61)
      BTN ($65)

Dealt to Hero A:club: A:heart:

Hero raises to $1.75, fold, CO calls $1.75, fold, SB calls $1.50, fold

FLOP ($5.75) 5:diamond: 9:heart: 9:club:

SB checks, Hero bets $3.75, CO folds, SB calls $3.75

TURN ($13.25) 5:diamond: 9:heart: 9:club: Q:diamond:

SB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($13.25) 5:diamond: 9:heart: 9:club: Q:diamond: J:spade:

SB bets $31, Hero ?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

If he is such a calling station then you can likely bet turn for value otherwise I am folding to such overbet on river, he has likely trips+ there. I don't really see him betting with worse that often to make the Call profitable.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • siaulietis14
      siaulietis14
      Bronze
      I think you should have bet the turn, since Q is not a scary card and you shouldn't be too worried about him having trips or boat. At this limit players are very call happy and you should bet for value.

If he calls you can check river for pot control.

As played, you pot yourself in difficult situation, since you under represent your hand and villain's might (not in this case for sure) be value towning themselves.

On these limits there is like no players who would overbet bluff shove/bet river and if there is, you'll definetly know them :)

Just my 2 cents.
    • VzLOM
      VzLOM
      Bronze
      He's the not clear station. His Af pretty hight and is growing till river, thats why i decide to ch for pot control and to induce bluff (also because board is extremely dry and i dont see much TT-QQ hands that can call 3 streets). But as u said i doubt he will be bluffing overbet.
      Also the question is - if we bet T and he calls and then he bets river like 2\3 we are folding? (btw it will be almost same potsize like here)