Hello Everyone.

• LonePiranha
      LonePiranha
      Bronze
      Hello people,

I got told about this website and wanted to come take a look at it myself, I already have a poker bankroll and probably won't bother with the free $50 as there is usually some kind of catch. Plus, I like to keep my personal data as guarded as I can now in these times of ever more intrusive marketing schemes and government operations. I did manage to get caught up in one of the more major poker room scams where I lost a considerable amount of money (I was not the scammer, nor had any affiliation with any scammers. I merely got ripped off).

I am currently working off a deposit bonus at Pokerstars, but when that is done with I am looking for a deal that offers rakeback. As I can see from browsing your site in the last few days you have a number of rakeback deals that members can access. The one being of the most interest is the Full Tilt Poker deal.

I am just wondering what extras you offer as to the other affiliate's that offer the same 27% rakeback and up to $600 first deposit bonus?

I've looked at your strategies, forums and videos and to be fair to yourselves here at Pokerstrategy.com I can only see the basic articles in their entirety. But, I do see a trend that seems to push newer players towards the short-stack strategy (SSS), I see this as a fatal error on your part. The SSS is very decieving and lacks depth enough to really teach people the fundamentals of poker. Pot odds, implied odds and power of position should surely be the first lessons learnt not just an additional option if they decide to look at your Big-stack strategy (BSS)?

On the same subject, are you not pushing people towards the SSS because they can usually play more tables, generate more rake, and move up the limits quicker where in turn they then generate more profit for your own organisation?

I'm sorry that I may seem to be probing you very deeply on my first post, but if I am going to generate an income for you I like to know who I am working for and that in a few months down the line your company won't bust out leaving me with no rakeback and questioning as to why I joined up through this organisation in the first place.

I look forward to recieving your feedback on my post and I hope that very soon I'll be signing up through your site and bringing home the bacon so to speak.

Also, I read other peoples welcomes and followed the links provided so no need for the links to tell me where to look moderators, thank you anyway. ;)
  • 5 replies
    • Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      Hi LonePiranha,

Welcome to Poker Strategy!

I've read a couple of your other posts already - it's good to see you are active in the forums. I think you'll find they are very friendly and helpful.

Like you, I am always suspicious and very protective of my personal information. When I sent a copy of my identification in I blacked out all information except what was required and they accepted it. I've been playing off their deposit ever since...

I'm mostly a SnG player, so cannot comment on the SSS/BSS issues you bring up.

Good Luck to you.
    • LonePiranha
      LonePiranha
      Bronze
      Hello Ramble,

Thank you for the welcome, but I fear that my presence is not welcomed here by many. I have already met with a little hostility and as you can see no-one has actually answered my post regarding any questions I have asked.

I was mainly looking for a little more help with the mathmatical side of the game, and you clearly can't get that with a basic status. I was hoping that there were some more advanced players and coaches here that offered help in return for linking myself to them and allowing them to cash in on my play.

I think because I don't come with open arms for embracing the strategy that maybe I am not the type of person they like to do business with.
      If I am permitted to do so, then I'll hang around for a week and see if I just met with the wrong people. If I am not permitted then I wish you all the luck in the world.
    • Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      Hey Piranha,

Maybe you should try posting some sample hands in the appropriate strategy forum with a brief explanation of your play and questions and wait for feedback... I agree though that your access is somewhat restricted by being BASIC level instead of BRONZE.

Alternately, you could start a thread asking specific questions about the math side of the game... (not sure what you mean by "... in return for linking myself to them...")

and there is also private coaching available at a cost, but I don't know much about that.
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      Originally posted by LonePiranha
      But, I do see a trend that seems to push newer players towards the short-stack strategy (SSS), I see this as a fatal error on your part. The SSS is very decieving and lacks depth enough to really teach people the fundamentals of poker. Pot odds, implied odds and power of position should surely be the first lessons learnt not just an additional option if they decide to look at your Big-stack strategy (BSS)?
      Here's a short list of reasons why beginning players are better off starting with SSS:
      - it works
      - it's easy to learn
      - it allows less room for error due to smaller stack
      - it works
      The simplicity of SSS makes it a very well designed strategy for beginners to assess the basic concepts of poker and making profit without overwhelming them with superfluous complexities. And since all beginners are strongly advised to work on their game, they'll come to learn the more difficult concepts later on. Why you deem it deceptive or unfit is beyond me.

On the same subject, are you not pushing people towards the SSS because they can usually play more tables, generate more rake, and move up the limits quicker where in turn they then generate more profit for your own organisation?
      First off, you should only be concerned with your own winrate, not with PokerStrategy's. Secondly, an example:

I'm using a 40BI BRM and I have $800 in my account. I can play NL20 BSS or I can play NL100 SSS. In both cases, I have $20 to bet, so if I ignore the rake cap it ends up costing me the same amount of rake. Granted, I can play more tables with SSS, but my winrate is better with BSS.

I'm sorry that I may seem to be probing you very deeply on my first post, but if I am going to generate an income for you I like to know who I am working for and that in a few months down the line your company won't bust out leaving me with no rakeback and questioning as to why I joined up through this organisation in the first place.
      I don't think you quite understand how affiliate programs work. You pay 5% rake in any room, regardless of whether you signed up through PS or not. The difference is, if you did, then a portion of that 5% rake you pay goes to PS, otherwise all the rake you pay goes to the poker room. You work for no one but yourself. Also, I somehow doubt the world's biggest affiliate website with millions of members is going to disappear in a few months.

I think because I don't come with open arms for embracing the strategy that maybe I am not the type of person they like to do business with.
      The strategies explained here are based on math and logic. They're proven to work by thousands of winning players. Hence they don't take kindly of basic members who stroll in claiming to know better.
    • LonePiranha
      LonePiranha
      Bronze
      I'm not against the SSS in anyway, I merely think that if a player starts with it and fails to explore further they maybe hindered with their poker playing. Like you say the strategy is very simplistic. Poker is not.

On the subject of the rakeback issues, granted I may of over stepped the mark slightly. Although I am very concerned with my winrate. Infact, at this present moment in time, nothing concerns me deeper. It's positive btw before you pick up on that point. Just not as positive as I'd like. And of course I should be concerned with Poker Strategies winrate... If they are offer theroies and strategies, then I'd like to know how they do.
      I'm not concerned with your bankroll, but thank you for sharing.

I know exactly how affiliates work and they are not all the same as you described. Hence why I asked the pros of earning them money against other sites offering the same sign up deals.

Did I claim to know better? I thought not. But you edited well my friend as I also said "and to be fair to yourselves here at Pokerstrategy.com I can only see the basic articles in their entirety". So please don't go journalistic on me with clever quote usage. You may actually know or believe they have thousands of profit making players... How can I?

As for this being the biggest affiliate site in the world. I highly doubt it. Infact I'd be willing to place a wager on it if I was gambler.

Thank you for your post, opinion and time taken.

I have signed up, not sure how you would feel about that though. ?(