Problem with losing connection at Rush

• michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      Hi all, anyone having the same problem?

I'm based in New Zealand. At night time I frequently lose connection when playing 2 tables of rush poker at once. Normally it takes too long to reconnect and I miss out on any hand I'm currently in, sometimes it's really frustrating.

I don't have any other programs that requires internet bandwidth running.

Before I was playing 8 tables normal ring games and only had this problem sometimes, but not very often.

With Rush it happens every night and multiple times.

Any advice? Thanks
  • 9 replies
    • NakiMan
      NakiMan
      Bronze
      Hi.

Only problem I sometimes have is when HEM HUD crashes, otherwise no problems in Taranaki.

I use XTRA broadband.

NakiMan

Edit:

I see you do chemical engineering, what part of the country are you in? I work in Petrochemical Industry in Taranaki.
    • Magijec
      Magijec
      Bronze
      I had recently the same problem and I also noticed higher number of people losing connection during the game. I guess the problem is on FullTilt's side.
    • NakiMan
      NakiMan
      Bronze
      Repeat post!
    • michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      Hey NakiMan

I'm using xtra as well, the Big Time Plan. I guess the problem must be Full Tilt since I don't experience connection problems doing other stuff on the internet.

I'm in Auckland, just finished my degree from Auckland University.

Still looking for a job right now, finding it quite tough at the moment. Which company are you in?

Any chance you can help me out? :)
    • Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      I've been having a lot of connection problems with Full Tilt in general lately.

I don't play Rush Poker, but I can't help but wonder if the extra burden on their servers to handle the quick shuffling of players/tables is not showing up as an increase in dropped connections for all players... I'm not an IT guy, but I would think it might be time for Full Tilt to scale up there servers/software???
    • sugarcos
      sugarcos
      Bronze
      Hi,

I also have problems with the connection (playing SG). From time to time i lose connection and also the server does not respond to ping either.
      I have checked other connections in the same time when the FT connection was lost, and had no problem. So, I also think that is a problem with overload on their servers.
    • michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      In that case I hope Full Tilt should definitely look at upgrading their servers.

During the day time it's not so bad, but at night it's terrible.

3 times tonight disconnections have cost me good hands in raised pots, twice with KK, once with AK.

EDIT: Just 2 seconds ago I got disconnected when dealt AA.
    • Escobario
      Escobario
      Bronze
      yeap im from NZ and constantly DC out of fulltilt exact same problem as you, so shit
    • MikeyH
      MikeyH
      Bronze
      I rarely disconnect from fulltilt (anymore, used to happen all the time). Im in Whangaparaoa. I'd first blame telecom (we all know we have shit internet over here). Have you tried opening a browser window when you disconnect to check it isn't your connection?