This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Deep stack QQ oop NL25

• elena90
      elena90
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $27.35
      SB (Hero):
      $39.05
      BB:
      $7.50
      CO:
      $44.45

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, Q.
      CO raises to $0.75, BU folds, Hero raises to $2.75, BB folds, CO raises to $6.75, Hero calls $4.00.

Flop: ($13.75) 3, A, 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

Turn: ($13.75) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $9.00, Hero calls $9.00.

River: ($31.75) 9 (2 players)
      [COLOR=black]Hero ?

Final Pot: $31.75.

I was 3betting a lot during the session and had aggressive image overall.

Villain

hands 102 vpip 24, pfr 23, fold to 3bet 60. I'm not too familiar with my poker tracker so I didn't find the 4bet statistics. Villain was tight and aggressive and didn't spew around as far as I know.

I pretty much need advice on every street. Should I go broke preflop or 5bet/fold? Calling also didn't feel too right. I think this type of a player will 4bet only AA/KK and random amount of bluffs. For example I don't think he will ever 4bet something like 77 here.

On the flop I should just check/fold?

But how about the turn? I tought a while about betting, but because my hand coudn't stand a raise and it had showdown value+draw I went for check/call. What's the best turn line?

Can I value bet the river? And what to do when villain raises? I think I never can check/fold because I have hit my draw. I really need advice on this hand because I struggled on every street.. Thanks :)
  • 3 replies
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      sorry to troll but im just bumping as id really like to see the evaluation.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      :heart: "I was 3betting a lot during the session and had aggressive image overall."

This, and the fact that he's playing 24/23 makes it unlikely that his 4-betting range is limited to KK+. I would think a more reasonable range is TT+, AQs+.

It's tough to play this hand OOP without initiative, because we're going to c/f to any A or K-hi flop. I would prefer a 5bet/fold to $15.

As played on turn I would B/F line because I don't think he checks behind with an Ace too often, and we can easily represent it. If he calls with KK then he cannot call a bet on a blank river card.

River I like c/c because since he has no Ace there, and since our line looks like a non-heart AQ or AK he is possibly value betting J :heart: and bluffing all other non-heart combinations of TT-KK.

Whereas if we bet we are only getting value from J :heart: , maybe T :heart: , and we are pot-committed to a raise if he has the K.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think you played that hand well
      I really hate 5bet/folding QQ that spot,s o call sound reasonable
      When he checks back then I think he often has there KK or maybe some weak ace
      River: I would likely c/c. b/f is fine, since he won´t really bluff there, but it is also quite hard to call with worse hands, unless he has there smt like Th