[NL20-NL50] Deep stack QQ oop NL25

• elena90
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, Q.
      CO raises to $0.75, BU folds, Hero raises to $2.75, BB folds, CO raises to $6.75, Hero calls $4.00.

Flop: ($13.75) 3, A, 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

Turn: ($13.75) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $9.00, Hero calls $9.00.

River: ($31.75) 9 (2 players)
      [COLOR=black]Hero ?

Final Pot: $31.75.

I was 3betting a lot during the session and had aggressive image overall.

hands 102 vpip 24, pfr 23, fold to 3bet 60. I'm not too familiar with my poker tracker so I didn't find the 4bet statistics. Villain was tight and aggressive and didn't spew around as far as I know.

I pretty much need advice on every street. Should I go broke preflop or 5bet/fold? Calling also didn't feel too right. I think this type of a player will 4bet only AA/KK and random amount of bluffs. For example I don't think he will ever 4bet something like 77 here.

On the flop I should just check/fold?

But how about the turn? I tought a while about betting, but because my hand coudn't stand a raise and it had showdown value+draw I went for check/call. What's the best turn line?

Can I value bet the river? And what to do when villain raises? I think I never can check/fold because I have hit my draw. I really need advice on this hand because I struggled on every street.. Thanks :)
  • 3 replies
    • justkyle88
      sorry to troll but im just bumping as id really like to see the evaluation.
    • mbml
      :heart: "I was 3betting a lot during the session and had aggressive image overall."

This, and the fact that he's playing 24/23 makes it unlikely that his 4-betting range is limited to KK+. I would think a more reasonable range is TT+, AQs+.

It's tough to play this hand OOP without initiative, because we're going to c/f to any A or K-hi flop. I would prefer a 5bet/fold to $15.

As played on turn I would B/F line because I don't think he checks behind with an Ace too often, and we can easily represent it. If he calls with KK then he cannot call a bet on a blank river card.

River I like c/c because since he has no Ace there, and since our line looks like a non-heart AQ or AK he is possibly value betting J :heart: and bluffing all other non-heart combinations of TT-KK.

Whereas if we bet we are only getting value from J :heart: , maybe T :heart: , and we are pot-committed to a raise if he has the K.
    • Kaitz20
      I think you played that hand well
      I really hate 5bet/folding QQ that spot,s o call sound reasonable
      When he checks back then I think he often has there KK or maybe some weak ace
      River: I would likely c/c. b/f is fine, since he won´t really bluff there, but it is also quite hard to call with worse hands, unless he has there smt like Th