Book for a NL/BSS player

• makrelion
      makrelion
      Bronze
      Hi there ;)

I've never read a poker book before, so I have no experience when I need to chose what poker book to read (and that's why I've never read one before).
      I'm currently planning to try my luck as BSS player, so I need an advice, what poker book should I get to improve my BSS skills.

I've heard a lot of good comments about "Harrington On Hold em", but is this the book I need as BSS player?

Please post your comments and advices, I really appreciate all help I get.
  • 12 replies
    • sicazoRsb
      sicazoRsb
      Bronze
      Try "Harrington on Cash Games I & II".
    • BattleHunter
      BattleHunter
      Coach
      Coach
      I recently got "The Poker Blueprint" and tbh I think it's the best cost/efficiency book out there.

Already learned a ton form it and it inspired me greatly to continue improving. Just keep in mind that it's mainly for SH players, so you won't get as much from it if you're planning to play FR games.
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BattleHunter
      I recently got "The Poker Blueprint" and tbh I think it's the best cost/efficiency book out there.

Already learned a ton form it and it inspired me greatly to continue improving. Just keep in mind that it's mainly for SH players, so you won't get as much from it if you're planning to play FR games.
      +1 for this book.

I recently purchased a copy of this book and i've just started reading it and i'm really impressed with its content so far.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • makrelion
      makrelion
      Bronze
      Yeah, I've heard that Poker Blueprints is an impressive book, but isn't it for a 6 seated tables? How about full ring game?

Anyway, thanks for advices. now I have something to start with.
    • wuttehhell
      wuttehhell
      Bronze
      I don't know what BSS means but if it stands for Big stack strategy then Harrington on Cash Games I and II are definetely for you. I have both books and they give amazing insights on how to play. They took my game to the next level. I've also read Harrington on Hold'em and those books are just as good if you're playing tournaments.
      Those are the best of the 50 or so books on poker I've read. No kidding. Besides, if you are interesed in a way to buy them very cheap (free actually and not ebooks, paper books), you can add me on XXX [Edited by EagleStar88]- Potential Copyright breach = Rule 5: No illegal or immoral content.
      Cheers.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      I found a lot of the advice in Harrington completely wrong for the online micros and low limits. Be careful if you are trying to apply that advice online.
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      hello,
      where could i get these books(Harrington on cash(all volumes) and Poker Blueprint) as cheaply as possible? ebooks or paper books
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello Bigniux,

You could try Amazon or an eqiviliant depending on where you live for the Harrington books and as for the poker blueprint ebook you will need to visit their website.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      thanks for info :)
    • daleetpork
      daleetpork
      Bronze
      [Edited by TheBu11d0g] - Breach of Forum Rules

Please refrain from mentioning and/or offering illegal copies of poker books and/or e-books. Your understanding would be greatly appreciated.

Rule No. 5: No illegal or immoral content

We cannot allow links or mentions of any illegally obtained books and/or e-books. We also do not allow the transfer of these books/e-books between members as it is a breach of certain copyright laws.
    • daleetpork
      daleetpork
      Bronze
      my bad sorry
    • xcyberkidx
      xcyberkidx
      Bronze
      :s_o: I am finding too...just read that recommendations...haha

Rare to "see" that "poker blueprint" online.......

:s_biggrin: