NL5 on party poker

• Bogdan1190
      Bogdan1190
      Bronze
      hy im asking players who beat the nl5 on party poker if you could beat the limit without using stats and using the elephant to analys your game also if you would take the table selection thing into consideration at this limit or is it so full of fish that it dosen't matter. also how did you beat nl5 ? (nr of tables , time of play/ time of learning how many hands did you play and anything you can tell me that i could fiind usefull) thx guys in advance :)
  • 9 replies
    • chuongdk
      chuongdk
      Bronze
      NL5 is easy to beat without stats,
      many china farmers are break even at NL25 with SSS without stats (at pokerstars)
    • harleytopper
      harleytopper
      Bronze
      There are some mid-stakes players who doesnt use stats at all, so NL5 is definely beatable, simply you need to understand how to make notes and use them. You can win money on this limit by playing solid PF and betting for value after flop. Just don't play marginal hands in big pots and you should be fine.

Just read all PS bronze and silver materials and watch videos.
    • Bogdan1190
      Bogdan1190
      Bronze
      what does it mean "solid PF" ?
    • harleytopper
      harleytopper
      Bronze
      preflop
    • Bogdan1190
      Bogdan1190
      Bronze
      thx did you beat NL5?
    • Zemnieks11
      Zemnieks11
      Bronze
      Will you play SH or FR? If FR(9-max) then just play your solid tight poker and you will beat the limit but SH(6-max) takes more skill cos SH players are overall little better than FR! Try out them both and see what feel best for you. But at NL5 i think just play tight and you should be winning in long run(course of week/month not single day). :) GL mate.
    • harleytopper
      harleytopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Zemnieks11
      SH players are overall little better than FR!
      Must disagree with you, most of the people move from FR to SH because game is more complex therefore players play worse.
    • zulukid
      zulukid
      Bronze
      NL5 is easy.

Play ABC poker, you dont need stats, just knowing who the fishes are on the table is good enough (and knowing what type of fish e.g. maniac/loose-weak etc), playing tight preflop and cbet/value bet good boards, and don't try bluffing fishes (they will likely call you down with a lot of hands).

I started my first few days 2 tabling, after a few months i increased it gradually to around 9 tables. I played FR though, so if you play SH probably you don't want to exceed 4 tables.

If your new to poker, just play FR. If you feel your competent enough though, play SH coz there are more fish there but watch out for variance.

Goodluck.
    • Bogdan1190
      Bogdan1190
      Bronze
      i play SSS so i donno if you can play the strategy at SH tables . im thinking of makeing a deposit of 70 bucks and try the nl5 on party poker on 2-3 tables max. with their new points thingy clearing bonuses is outof the question i think... so thx guys for replaying i hope il beat nl5 :)

and another thing how much do you guys spend studying poker versus playing?
      is it like 50:50 ? or it is suposed to be like that ?:D becose i alwys say il study more but end up playing 4-5 days in a row without analiying my game or read any articles... i hope if i try to play 2-3 tables il play less and the time i have ill invest in my education ... i just hope i'll do that :D