[NL2-NL10] nl10 SH - AKo; flop top 2 pair, cbet oop gets shove/reshoved in 3way pot

• BattleHunter
      BattleHunter
      Coach
      Coach
      Cake Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Cake-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($9.90)
      BB ($9.41)
      Hero (UTG) ($11.67)
      MP ($6.77)
      CO ($12.96)
      Button ($13.75)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A, K
      Hero bets $0.40, MP calls $0.40, 2 folds, SB calls $0.35, BB calls $0.30

Flop: ($1.60) J, A, K (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $1.20, MP raises to $6.37 (All-In), 1 fold, BB raises to $9.01 (All-In), Hero calls $7.81

Turn: ($25.99) 8 (3 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($25.99) 10 (3 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $25.99 | Rake: $1.73

Considering the preflop action, my thinking was that it would be too weak to fold top 2 pair, as the only probable set that beats me is JJ, because only 1 combination of AA and KK is available and it's quite unlikely considering the preflop action.

My problem is that it's hard for me to put my opponents on certian ranges in order to calculate my EV.
      In the end I decided at that very spot to allin it, because I simply see too many pair + gutshot type of hands or even weaker 2 pair, that are able to go AI in this spot and I'm ahead quite often.
      FD is the other reasonable hand for villains to have, as they get the best pot odds in a 3way AI, not to mention the endless possibilities of even better drows like gutshot + FD, or even JQ/ JT type of pair + gutshot + FD that have everyone dominated.

It's just hard for me to pick up a certain range for nl10 villains to base my EV calculations on. Is this a +ev call? What range would you put them on to calculate?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Since you have top two you are not folding so I think you don´t need to put there ranges to make call profitable
      but if you want then, any flushdraws, sometimes any Qx hand with pair, any two pair, QT, sometimes even TT, a lot of Ax hands