how to play double-up as chipleader

• farbwenz
      farbwenz
      Bronze
      I just got into a situation I was not quite able to solve:
      I played a double-up game (10 players) and was dealt AA in the first round. someone went all-in and I(BB) called him. I won against his 38o.
      nope, that's not exactly my question^^

when there were 8 players left, I was still chipleader with about 3000.
      I got AKs and bet 8 BB in late position, and the 2nd place went all-in with his 2600. Blinds were still quite low. I folded because I regarded him as quite a tight player. My Idea was that I probably have won anyway if I just went away. On the other hand I'd have just mediocre chances against a pair, and bad chances against AA...

So my question is: how should I play when I am far ahead in a double-up? should I try to bully the others or should I generally just go away and drink a coffee or something?

BTW: he tried the same a short time later, but I had AA this time^^
  • 2 replies
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      i think unless its the bubble, or blinds are so big that people are under pressure, you are better off having a nap.

take my comments bit a big chunk of salt tho, i don't play DoN's personally.
    • Fastjack09
      Fastjack09
      Gold
      hello
      if u cant insta fold AA/KK as big stack at dons beter find another game
      type, ur BR will be happy...
      the only exception from this rule is cold callin super shorties pushes
      with that type of hands when ur above average
      and when blinds are really large only if u not givin more then 1big blind imho

PS
      u need to always remember:
      dons are not about calling another players pushes when ur stack is healthy
      but about pushing and not gettin called lol

hope it helps