This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL4 AKo turn combo

• xero100
      xero100
      Bronze
      Cake Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.04 BB (7 handed) - Cake-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

CO ($1.12)
      Button ($1.15)
      SB ($8.22)
      BB ($3.43)
      UTG ($2.73)
      Hero (MP1) ($3.94)
      MP2 ($0.94)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K, A
      1 fold, Hero bets $0.16, 4 folds, BB raises to $0.28, Hero calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.58) 10, 2, Q (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.58, BB calls $0.58

Turn: ($1.74) 6 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.30, BB calls $1.30

River: ($4.34) 4 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero raises to $1.78 (All-In), BB calls $1.27 (All-In)

Total pot: $6.88 | Rake: $0.45

so I decided to make him fold :D
      I had position, he was waiting very long to make decision he check flop I decided to pot bet to scare him .he waits long again and calls.
      turn give me combo draw . I decide to continue with agression :D
      river :( . he checks again on river I with A high bet last my money (no he cant fold know)
      so what you think?
      c-bet less 2/3 .check turn? and river ?
  • 3 replies
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      You are not c-betting since he has initiative. I think I might check behind this flop but if you decide to bet, bet smaller - $0.35/0.4 is good imo. On the turn I think I would bet again cos like he might fold JJ/TT and you do have a fair few outs for what will likely be the best hand if you hit any of them. But I think I would bet a bit smaller - $1 just to try and keep the pot a bit smaller and you're well set up for a river shove there anyway.

On this river I just check behind - its a 3bet pot and he has called flop and turn, I don't ever see him folding given the pot size.
    • xero100
      xero100
      Bronze
      thank you I need to learn alot
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by amplifyd
      You are not c-betting since he has initiative. I think I might check behind this flop but if you decide to bet, bet smaller - $0.35/0.4 is good imo. On the turn I think I would bet again cos like he might fold JJ/TT and you do have a fair few outs for what will likely be the best hand if you hit any of them. But I think I would bet a bit smaller - $1 just to try and keep the pot a bit smaller and you're well set up for a river shove there anyway.

On this river I just check behind - its a 3bet pot and he has called flop and turn, I don't ever see him folding given the pot size.
      Don't see much I can add to that, except that trying to bluff bad players is usually a bad idea in general, especially at microstakes. They don't like to fold much, and if this min3bet from them is unusual, just because they take a funky/weak line postflop doesn't mean they don't have a strong hand they're not folding. I'd probably check back the flop and bet the turn if he checks again, then check down the river.

Hope it helps.