[NL2-NL10] NL4 AKo turn combo

• xero100
      xero100
      Bronze
      Cake Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.04 BB (7 handed) - Cake-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

CO ($1.12)
      Button ($1.15)
      SB ($8.22)
      BB ($3.43)
      UTG ($2.73)
      Hero (MP1) ($3.94)
      MP2 ($0.94)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K, A
      1 fold, Hero bets $0.16, 4 folds, BB raises to $0.28, Hero calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.58) 10, 2, Q (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.58, BB calls $0.58

Turn: ($1.74) 6 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.30, BB calls $1.30

River: ($4.34) 4 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero raises to $1.78 (All-In), BB calls $1.27 (All-In)

Total pot: $6.88 | Rake: $0.45

so I decided to make him fold :D
      I had position, he was waiting very long to make decision he check flop I decided to pot bet to scare him .he waits long again and calls.
      turn give me combo draw . I decide to continue with agression :D
      river :( . he checks again on river I with A high bet last my money (no he cant fold know)
      so what you think?
      c-bet less 2/3 .check turn? and river ?
  • 3 replies
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      You are not c-betting since he has initiative. I think I might check behind this flop but if you decide to bet, bet smaller - $0.35/0.4 is good imo. On the turn I think I would bet again cos like he might fold JJ/TT and you do have a fair few outs for what will likely be the best hand if you hit any of them. But I think I would bet a bit smaller - $1 just to try and keep the pot a bit smaller and you're well set up for a river shove there anyway.

On this river I just check behind - its a 3bet pot and he has called flop and turn, I don't ever see him folding given the pot size.
    • xero100
      xero100
      Bronze
      thank you I need to learn alot
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by amplifyd
      You are not c-betting since he has initiative. I think I might check behind this flop but if you decide to bet, bet smaller - $0.35/0.4 is good imo. On the turn I think I would bet again cos like he might fold JJ/TT and you do have a fair few outs for what will likely be the best hand if you hit any of them. But I think I would bet a bit smaller - $1 just to try and keep the pot a bit smaller and you're well set up for a river shove there anyway.

On this river I just check behind - its a 3bet pot and he has called flop and turn, I don't ever see him folding given the pot size.
      Don't see much I can add to that, except that trying to bluff bad players is usually a bad idea in general, especially at microstakes. They don't like to fold much, and if this min3bet from them is unusual, just because they take a funky/weak line postflop doesn't mean they don't have a strong hand they're not folding. I'd probably check back the flop and bet the turn if he checks again, then check down the river.

Hope it helps.