[NL2-NL10] NL4 AKs 3bet pot OOP

• xero100
      xero100
      Bronze
      Cake Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.04 BB (8 handed) - Cake-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($1.07)
      UTG+1 ($4.31)
      MP1 ($0.94)
      MP2 ($0.84)
      CO ($0.71)
      Button ($0.62)
      Hero (SB) ($4.47)
      BB ($4.89)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, K
      1 fold, UTG calls $0.04, UTG+1 bets $0.20, 4 folds, Hero raises to $0.60, 1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.24) 5, 6, 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $0.62, Hero raises to $1.24, UTG+1 calls $0.62

Turn: ($3.72) J (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG+1 raises to $2.47 (All-In), Hero folds

Total pot: $3.72 | Rake: $0.24
      what I did wrong.
      hm flop was good for c-bet but as its 3bet pot and he raises from utg .I thought he woun't give up with without second barel.I check flop and he c-bet as I knew then I thought I would raise him to look I have some hand but at turn I checked again because I have to shoove here so nonse played hand by me what you would do vs unknkown?
  • 6 replies
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      I would 3bet more preflop because of being oop. And keep in mind that making such a move against UTG raiser you leave yourself against best of his range.
      As you was the one 3betting preflop, you should lead the flop. But on such a flop you have really nothing to grab on and the only way he could fold is if he believes you have AA/KK/QQ and he has none of them (you could cross AA out of his range, most likely he would 4bet with that preflop). At this spot you are ahead of hands like AQ, AJ, KQ, ..., but do you really think he would raise from UTG and call your 3bet with some of these? :)
      Just my humble opinion, could be completely wrong.
    • xero100
      xero100
      Bronze
      I agree with you and understand what you said but I dont really dont know how to play this hand. do I c-bet and fold to re raise, or do I check fold.
      my check made him to bet by that logic I re raise him to think that I made check to make him bet to get bigger pot but after he called I should go broke and pray that he fold and I dont think he would.
    • armo
      armo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Duudalinja
      (you could cross AA out of his range, most likely he would 4bet with that preflop)
      This is not necessary true, he can easily opt to call with aces in position
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Originally posted by xero100
      I agree with you and understand what you said but I dont really dont know how to play this hand. do I c-bet and fold to re raise, or do I check fold.
      I would bet/fold it on flop. You could cbet if he folds to cbets often enough, but there's no point in playing further against any action. He could bluff you off your hand, but still you are way too often behind, that it's not worth playing. Check/fold line just looks too weakish.
      Again, I could be completely wrong. :)
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      I guess I would c/f flop. Don't feel we are going to get enough folds on this board vs random players. But might be wrong.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      3-bet pf is fine
      on that flop c-bet/fold or c/f is standard plays
      I would likely just c/f, if you want to make move then c/rai is a little better than c/minraise and then c/f turn