BRM 2% or 1%

• saywhat
      saywhat
      Bronze
      Thanks for reading.

I have switched from playing NL to Sit'n'Go's. I just withdrew my money from Mansion and switched to Full Tilt. I deposited $190 and I am currently playing 90 plr sit'n'go's at the $3lvl. The bankroll advice i have been following is the 2% for sitngos but am not sure if the 90 plr is classified under that or is considered a MTT. I have just surpassed the $300 in my bankroll, and was wondering if it is a good idea to move up to $6 90 plr. I have played less than 30 games at the $3 lvl.
  • 9 replies
    • LonePiranha
      LonePiranha
      Bronze
      In the strategy it says that you use 2% for MTT's and SnG's?

I think the only one that can really answer this question however is yourself. Would you feel comfortable playing at $6 when you are relitively inexperienced at the $3 buyin?
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      I will give some solid BRM advice.

I play 45 man sngs and use a 200 buyin bankroll minimum.

In 45 mans swings of 20-50 buyins happen daily and 100 buyin swings can and do happen reasonably often.

I would sugest using 200 if you are feeling risky for the 90 man games

Edit:

Playing $6 90 man sngs will lose you your whole role with 90+% confidence when you only have $300
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      the recommended brm for 90ppl sn g is the one of an MTT because that is what it is. so 1%.

However you coudl do the occasional game at $6 (maybe 1 a day or 1 a week)
    • irregularity
      irregularity
      Bronze
      Originally posted by thazar
      the recommended brm for 90ppl sn g is the one of an MTT because that is what it is. so 1%.

However you coudl do the occasional game at $6 (maybe 1 a day or 1 a week)
      I agree with this, the 90 man games can be quite swingy, so why take the risk? But I also agree with taking small percentage shots at the next level up, as long as you don't go OTT, play maybe 5% at the higher level to give yourself a taste.
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      I know Poker strategy recommends 1% but if you are honest with your self it is a pretty poor recomendation.

I cannot stress enough you WILL NEED 200 buyins atleast!

Most people ignor this advice and they will never have any success, I can garentee you that
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lennonac

that
      +1

For some one who has absolutely no experience with SnGs, much less MTT SnGs, I'd advise a 400BI rule. I play these games daily and run a blog about it so if u wanna read what the swings are like in MTT SnGs I'd advise u to check out the link in my signature.
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      Evenso if 200BI is what you need - you are likely saying this because like you want like 0.1% chance to bust roll. But I mean although noone can just throw away $300, but i think its obviously a bit more disposable than $3k.

This is only my opinion though - I don't want to start any arguments.
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      Sure if you are going to reload then you can play any stake you want play 3 $100 games, If you just want to play for fun the sure do whatever you want.

But if you want to make a profit in these games I recommend listening to the two people who play these for a living
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lennonac
      I know Poker strategy recommends 1% but if you are honest with your self it is a pretty poor recomendation.

Most people ignor this advice and they will never have any success, I can garentee you that
      +1

Get nitty with BRM, it ensures you dont have to worry. When you dont have to worry you can play your A game easyer...Screw moving up limits quicker! If you beat your current stakes you'll move up soon enough, no need to rush.