Natural Born Big-Stacker!

• ElectricFern
      ElectricFern
      Bronze
      I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this in, but i thought it was worth commenting.

I haven't been playing poker long, and most of my learning has been done thru pokerstrategy's videos and articles. Something very interesting has happened to me and maybe some other people will be able to relate to this. I started off short-stacking, and found it incredibly boring and mechanical. I still enjoyed it some because poker is great, but i felt like a robot or something, doing the foldfoldfoldfoldfoldfoldALLINfoldfoldfold routine. I got my $50 starting capital and in a month or so was down to $25, cuz i just couldn't help myself and tried to expand my playing possibilities beyond the top 10 hands.

As i watched videos and talked to some more experienced players, i started noticing that short-stackers also seem to have a bad reputation and are generally not very loved in the poker world. I then decided that maybe it was the wrong strategy for me and started reading up on big stack strategy, and MAN, the difference was gigantic. I now believe that BSS allows not only more playability, but faster learning, as there are more situations in which it is profitable to act, and many different ways to act inside given scenarios.

2 months after the change in strategy, i'm up to $70 playing the .01/.02 NL at Everest Poker, and hoping to clear my bonus points soon so i can get the hell out of that crazy poker room!

P.S: the only fun thing about studying SSS was AnnaKurnikowa's videos. AK, if you are reading this, you rule dude! hehuaheahuehau

Love, playas!
  • 1 reply