Growing balls. fml 20111111

• Huseens
      Huseens
      Bronze
      I suck at poker, I suck at life. Lifenit.
      That's enough for intoduction, lets get into action. © hasenbraten

The goal is to get awesome in 2 months. Change my lifenit thinking and be awesome like monkeymode boys and pokers brothers. Pokerwise it would mean for me 40$ daily profit including bonuses, rakeback etc. till end of may. Those 40$ would be enough for not having to work in wood with my father. :/ + I want to buy an Audi 80 or Opel Omega this summer. :f_confused: This is main reason of studying hard. If I will fail I will have to spend 3 months of summer in countryside isolated from my friends in boredom. No better motivation I guess. Also I suck so much at life, so I withdraw all my BR(150$ :f_cool: ) to make gym in my garage and start working out with strict diet and all the stuff it needs, also I will try to contact a lot more with people coz I am shy. This blog is made to keep me motivated and I am asking help for people who can help me in someway it doesnt matter it is some wise real life coaching, some advice how to study better, sweat me or any other way.
      I have been trying to get good at poker for long time but I wasnt trying really hard. I had to withdraw money too. I had bankroll around 150$ for long time and then I said fuck me and withdraw those 150$ and now I am ready to start from begining and build BR from pennies. I dont know where is the problem. I know all the bronze articles almost by heart and have watched tons of videos, I still suck, maybe I am too dumb. If this time it wont work I quit poker and will do some other thing.

So if anyone wants to help me pokerwise or some real life coaching add me on skype - husis666.

Big thanks to all who already has helped me and PokerStrategy community for being so awesome. Thanks to bloggers and pokerbrothers for motivation.

I will try to keep this blog updated. :)
  • 215 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      tl;dr

but i liked pictures so GL and keep up with pictures for retards like me who can't read longer posts than two sentences. :f_biggrin:
    • Skyscrapers
      Skyscrapers
      Bronze
      help yourself and God will help you along the way
    • BattleHunter
      BattleHunter
      Coach
      Coach
      40$ daily profit for a beginner is quite some goal :P Definitely not impossible tho, even at nl10 with decent volume and rakeback.

The biggest problem I see here is that you're money driven. While it's always good to have money in mind to inspire / motivate us, when you have such a strict goal and such strong focus on it, it will most definitely hinder your learning curve.

My advice would be to stress much more on learning (not only articles - watch videos, but stay focused on them; play swat sessions, and consider what the other guy has to say) and playing only a few tables - 4 or 6, the number you feel comfortable with, without too much distraction.

Only then you can start thinking of such 40$ a day type of goals.

Sorry to discourage you, but I do think this would be for the best. Ofc someone more experienced could give you better guidance ^^

Anyway, good luck with your goals!
    • Huseens
      Huseens
      Bronze
      Yes. I know that its not good to have money goals, but thats what I need to achieve till end of may. :) In summer I would have plenty of time for poker and yeah I dont want to play more than 4 tables, at least not now. I am playing NL BSS SH.
    • Huseens
      Huseens
      Bronze
      Hello again!
      No updates for some time.
      I dont have $$$ on any pokerroom, so today I will start grinding Pokerstars playmoney SNGs and later sell it and get $$$. :D
      Its good that there is different ways to get money than depositing, coz I have like 20$ for a week to live. :D
      I didnt stop studying. I read Ryan Fees 6max guide. I liked it and will re-read it soon.

Life update.
      I had pretty crazy easter holidays. Best countryside party ever.
      Also my dad was drunk and donated his old Audi 80 to me, now I have to get drivers license. I will start autoschool @ may. Also I thought about that job in summer, it wont be that bad if I will have to work there, I will feel more comfortable @ poker then.

Also 2 awesome posts that keeps inspiring me.
      TwiceT 1st English community black member.
      and
      Brothers blog 13th post from top. :)

All I can say about this thread.

SENSE

This thread makes none.
    • Huseens
      Huseens
      Bronze
      Heater.

Today I got 50$ on partypoker. I also watched one hasnbratens video and played 900hands of NL4 SH. At the begining I played 1 table, later added 2nd and 3rd so I could think a lot more about decision and not play robostyle. I was running really good at 40bb/100 and finished day up 14$. So the balls are growing slowly. I will keep playing it and study as hard as I can.
      Graph.
    • Huseens
      Huseens
      Bronze
      Time for update.

I've passed 10k hands mark and have understood a lot of things.
      • Dont play SH, if you arent expirienced in marginal spots.
      • Beat your limit and put big volume in before you climb up.
      • Play games with less variance if your mindset is not that good.
      • Be creative and think deep when playing.

10k hands mark graph.

Looking forward to grind NL2 for some time, till my bonus is cleared and then I will withdraw and move to FT or PokerStars. Haven't decided yet, which one.
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Hello Huseens,

First of all stop telling yourself you suck at life as soon as you stop saying it you will stop sucking at it, trust me i used to think the same, "too shy for this, not confident enough for that, wont talk to them they wont be interested in me." i dont know if you think these things but this was all what ithought for a while when i was very shy. what i did was made myself speak to at least one stranger a day even just a hi and you would be suprised how much this can help how many conversations you get and how many friends you make. Also i think this helped me with my poker when i meet new people i feel happy with myself and ofc when your happy your less likely to tilt and throw money away stupidly. anyway hope at least a little bit of this was useful for your shyness and im sure you will be out of it before you know it.
    • Huseens
      Huseens
      Bronze
      Thank you for advice mate. :)
      "too shy for this, not confident enough for that, wont talk to them they wont be interested in me." Yes, its me!
      I just dont feel that I am as good us others, so I can't feel confident enough. In friends company I am not shy but when it comes to strangers it sucks. :(
      Ok, back to grind.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Get pumped and go beat strangers, your confidence will skyrocket!
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Huseens
      Thank you for advice mate. :)
      "too shy for this, not confident enough for that, wont talk to them they wont be interested in me." Yes, its me!
      I just dont feel that I am as good us others, so I can't feel confident enough. In friends company I am not shy but when it comes to strangers it sucks. :(
      Ok, back to grind.
      Sounds just like me :D

Where do you live? could you get a job in a bar or something where you are just part time say friday and saturday nights when its busy? then you have to talk to people but only for a minute and then move to the next person also working in a bar is so much fun and you will earn a few extra moniez for poker or your car :D

Anyway good luck with everything, poker and life
    • Huseens
      Huseens
      Bronze
      Okay! That's it!
      I need to do sweat sessions. I've never did one in cash games. Why? Because I think my english sucks and I will feel kinda scaried in sweat session (lol). So if you want sweat sessions with me. I am playing NL2-5 FR. Find me on skype - husis666 and we can do some sweat session.
    • martizzo
      martizzo
      Bronze
      Try fixed limit if you like it you can master it :)
    • Huseens
      Huseens
      Bronze
      I failed at poker but did I fail at life?
      I dont know. I've thought a lot about life recently.

Poker vs life.
      Too much poker. I was sitting in front of PC all day long, but no results. It's changing now. I will go out with my friends more often, because I will have work in summer anyway and wont think about poker results. That should be +EV. I should start enjoying life much more. Of course I will still try to achieve something pokerwise, but wont be such geek. I dont have any ideas how to kick start my career.

Poker.
      I failed. failed big. Bankrioll is 60$. recently I have started to play HUSNGs, had some good results and some bad. My enthusiasm is really low. I have played poker for a bit less then a year but no results. This is fucking whining. If someone wants to give me coachings with profit deal for SH cash games I will agree. Or I could stake someone with 60$. lol. :D

fml, huseens.
    • Zemnieks11
      Zemnieks11
      Bronze
      sry to hear this but i would say don't give up, if you need somewhat coaching i am ready to help!
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Hey there Huseens!

How come you say you failed when both graphs you posted are pretty positive?

Let's get some grinding + studying going on over here eh. Most people started with $50, if you have $60 you're even better off :D

post some news, mate! cheers!
    • Huseens
      Huseens
      Bronze
      Hey dandy!
      Yeah I had 13bb/100 winrate on NL2 FR for 14k hands, but NL5 sucked for me. :D
      Umm. The big problem is that I change my main games a lot. Just example "I was playing HUSNGs yesterday, I am playing NL SH cash today, but I might be playing MTT SNGs tomoroow. I guess I switch whenever I feel not so confident.
      Actually thing I dont like about NL FR cash is that that you have to play 345345 tables. I dont like it. When I play NL SH I turn into a maniac - One time even I wanted to take a coaching from solid coach who teaches NL SH microstakes low-variance style.
      One more problem is that I am not so serious about poker, because I have lost motivation a bit. I would like to find study buddy. I havent made sweat sessions in cash games ever. :/

And I am not playing poker ~week now. Feels good actually. But I want to come back soon. :)
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Hey man,

Don't let lack of confidence change your style, build up some confidence and get down to work! I think focusing in one game for the beginning will be a lot more +EV, since you'll develop your skill faster and will see some results faster too.

There are many study buddies out there who are willing to sweat and improve to! ;)

Anyway, I just read something pretty awesome today that inspired me. I'm posting it here cause maybe it'll inspire you too :D

Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.

Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent.

Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.

Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

- Calvin Coolidge (1872-1933)

Best of luck, mate!
    • alberts1955
      alberts1955
      Bronze
      let zemnieks help u :)
      u wont need to talk eng, hes Latvian too, so ui can talk Latvian