CO ($14.56)

Dealt to Hero K:heart: K:club:

checks, Hero raises to $0.20, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $0.15, fold

FLOP ($0.45) J:heart: A:spade: 4:club:

BB checks, Hero bets $0.30, BB calls $0.30

TURN ($1.05) J:heart: A:spade: 4:club: A:diamond:

BB checks, Hero bets $0.40, BB raises to $0.80, Hero folds

BB wins $1.73

Good Fold? Bad Fold? How would you play it?
  • 4 replies
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Preflop and flop is fine I think, but on turn I would just bet it a bit bigger, because you really want to make him believe you have an ace and such a small bet could tempt him to bluffraise here. Anyway, I couldn't force myself playing against a raise in such a situation, because there are almost no draws out there, so I can only see Ax raising here.
      This is just my humble opinion, could be completely wrong.
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      Agree with above Duudalinja about turn bet sizing. 2/3 pot should be fine. Your rly don't want to induce bluffs and stuff by betting so small. Though I don't think you want to make him believe you have an ace. If you bet, it's for value against Jx, underpairs.

I also think checking behind, then betting river is a good option for 2 streets of value. Since BB will be less likely to believe you have Ax.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by johnbeattie85
      Agree with above Duudalinja about turn bet sizing. 2/3 pot should be fine. Your rly don't want to induce bluffs and stuff by betting so small. Though I don't think you want to make him believe you have an ace. If you bet, it's for value against Jx, underpairs.

I also think checking behind, then betting river is a good option for 2 streets of value. Since BB will be less likely to believe you have Ax.
      This ;)
    • LonePiranha
      LonePiranha
      Bronze
      Thank you for your sound advice.

It does seem like a much better play than the one I allowed to unfold here. Advice taken on board and should a similar situation arise again I shall certainly employ your tactics.

Thanks again. :)