This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] KK vs ??

• LonePiranha
      LonePiranha
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      BB ($3.55)
      ($10)
      Hero ($6.30)
      UTG+1 ($5)
      UTG+2 ($5.48)
      CO ($14.56)

Dealt to Hero K:heart: K:club:

checks, Hero raises to $0.20, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $0.15, fold

FLOP ($0.45) J:heart: A:spade: 4:club:

BB checks, Hero bets $0.30, BB calls $0.30

TURN ($1.05) J:heart: A:spade: 4:club: A:diamond:

BB checks, Hero bets $0.40, BB raises to $0.80, Hero folds

BB wins $1.73

Good Fold? Bad Fold? How would you play it?
  • 4 replies
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Preflop and flop is fine I think, but on turn I would just bet it a bit bigger, because you really want to make him believe you have an ace and such a small bet could tempt him to bluffraise here. Anyway, I couldn't force myself playing against a raise in such a situation, because there are almost no draws out there, so I can only see Ax raising here.
      This is just my humble opinion, could be completely wrong.
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      Agree with above Duudalinja about turn bet sizing. 2/3 pot should be fine. Your rly don't want to induce bluffs and stuff by betting so small. Though I don't think you want to make him believe you have an ace. If you bet, it's for value against Jx, underpairs.

I also think checking behind, then betting river is a good option for 2 streets of value. Since BB will be less likely to believe you have Ax.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by johnbeattie85
      Agree with above Duudalinja about turn bet sizing. 2/3 pot should be fine. Your rly don't want to induce bluffs and stuff by betting so small. Though I don't think you want to make him believe you have an ace. If you bet, it's for value against Jx, underpairs.

I also think checking behind, then betting river is a good option for 2 streets of value. Since BB will be less likely to believe you have Ax.
      This ;)
    • LonePiranha
      LonePiranha
      Bronze
      Thank you for your sound advice.

It does seem like a much better play than the one I allowed to unfold here. Advice taken on board and should a similar situation arise again I shall certainly employ your tactics.

Thanks again. :)