[NL2-NL10] frustration

• timbo158
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Hand abspielen

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (3 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7, 6.
      BU raises to $1.00, SB calls $0.90, Hero raises to $3.50, BU calls $2.50, SB folds.

Flop: ($8) 5, Q, 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.50, BU raises to $9.00, Hero raises to $22.35, BU calls $13.25(All-In).

Turn: ($52.6) T (2 players)

River: ($52.6) T (2 players)

Final Pot: $52.6.
      Results follow:

BU shows two pairs, tens and fives(9 A).
      Hero shows two pairs, tens and fives(7 6).

BU wins with two pairs, tens and fives(9 A).

typicall weird play. I had no handhistory on the player but the raise on the flop looked to weak together with his full stacksize making him probably sensible I decided to shove. I tought most of his range couldnt call. two examples :

KK AA would shove preflop and if he plays looser he shoves AK and QQ preflop if he plays tighter he calls and more hands fold than call wiht a QQ AK range.
      Making his range wider with AQ AJ AT and JJ TT Also gives him more worse hands than good.

But than this call with A9, so weird. Almost never getting action ever with AA KK QQ so I think I should 3bet looser but is it worth it? Most of the time the player leaves the table and I cant do anything with the information he calls superloose and I can win some back.
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      if he is going to call with A9s and then raise/call that flop i think you should more 3-bet pf hands that is crushing his range like AJ+, 88+ and play them aggressive a lot of flops
      the way you played is fine, he is raise/folding there sometimes and you have enough equity against any hand