SSS how far can it go?

• supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      once again another noob question. i started playing SSS recently to clear some bonus off some sites. been making some good returns, of course my sample size isnt that big, but i was wondering how far can SSS go? nl200? nl400? or?
      and i heard SSS is really swingy, was wondering how swingy can it be, and what kind of BR should we be having? i'm SSS @ nl100 btw.

pardon but because i've started as a BSS player as i didnt see the benefits as i was thinking long term. but SSS seems to be decently easy to grasp (esp with BSS background and HUD stats avail), and as most of you guys know i like to whore rake for rakeback/blackmember/etc . lol

hope some SSS pros can advice cheers!
      :f_biggrin:
  • 7 replies
    • SoWe
      SoWe
      Global
      i hear standard SSS is not profitable on limits higher than micro. with adjustments (more steals, villain-dependant play, better postflopplay etc) it can be profitable on any limit.

yes it is swingy, if you want to be on the safe side follow a 50BI-BRM, but honestly 30 should be enough IF you adhere to the BRM strictly

edit: but you english people don't even have the newest "standard" sss ... so yeah, you're pretty much fucked if you don't learn russian or german [no, not fucked, but you're gonna have to think for yourself a lot more]
    • s1m0nmp
      s1m0nmp
      Global
      What do you mean the newest SSS standard? I just checked german PS site and it's no different from english PS... well at least for the bronze and silver members (possibly gold too)...
      on the other side, I do agree german site has much better videos and i watch both but prefer german ones specially surviving the micros and darkzonks vids
      anyway
      cheers and good luck
    • Leito99
      Leito99
      Bronze
      i think that sss can be profitable at any limit...it's just so difficult to play against them if they play it very well - not just the basic style

but playing sss all the time wont let you play it very well
      you need a good understanding of poker so it is very usefull if you played bss or mtts
      people at high limits know what sss is about(tight-easy blinds to be stolen) so you can use that to your advantage
      only problem is there arent many full ring tables at higher limits...more shorthanded and it can be a bit boring for some
      also if short stackers make a mistake then it won't profit you too much

but i wudnt start learning it now cuz its getting taken out on many sites
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SoWe
      edit: but you english people don't even have the newest "standard" sss ... so yeah, you're pretty much fucked if you don't learn russian or german [no, not fucked, but you're gonna have to think for yourself a lot more]
      You are a bit behind the times sir.

It's you Russian and German people who are being fucked because you never learned to play poker. :f_love:
    • Snailteaser
      Snailteaser
      Bronze
      As I can see playing SSS is pretty boring anyways. You only play pairs as starting hand (okay, and some other cards too depending on your position) but altogether I see SSS people sitting and folding pre-flop all the times, and when finally they have a decent starting hand, they only thing they can do is to steal blinds because by that time everybody knows their strategy and nobody re-raises. So how far does it take you to just pinch the blinds?
      The good stuff is when two SSS pushes all-in coz they all follow the charts. :)
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Snailteaser
      As I can see playing SSS is pretty boring anyways. You only play pairs as starting hand (okay, and some other cards too depending on your position) but altogether I see SSS people sitting and folding pre-flop all the times, and when finally they have a decent starting hand, they only thing they can do is to steal blinds because by that time everybody knows their strategy and nobody re-raises. So how far does it take you to just pinch the blinds?
      The good stuff is when two SSS pushes all-in coz they all follow the charts. :)
      boring is good, simple and effective. if you want fun, you usually have to pay for it.
    • WildBeans
      WildBeans
      Bronze
      I reckon SSS is only really worth it when you play NL100+, because it's lots more fun than just using charts. I played up to Nl400 until the changes in full tilt, and it was quite profitable, and certainly not boring. Although now I play BSS and I'm in situations that are a lot more complex, which I'm starting to like a lot.. In terms of rakeback, or bonus whoring it's obviously brilliant at NL200 and 400 since you hit the max rake so often and you can play so many more tables profitably than with BSS. Only problem is finding the tables...