This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Nl25 JJ Sh

• Monkeye
      Monkeye
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $25,00
      MP2:
      $27,30

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:heart: , J:diamond:
      MP2 raises to $1,00, 4 folds, Hero calls $0,75.

Flop: ($2,10) J:club: , 2:heart: , 4:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $1,25, Hero calls $1,25.

Turn: ($4,60) T:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $3,00, Hero raises to $10,00

I think this is a very standard play but I have a question about. Preflop I call it because I want to setmine. I think 3bet is here not good.

The flop is dry except a flushdraw so I decide to checkcall.

I have seen in a video on this site that when you check/call the flop you normally MUST not check/raise the turn because it looks very very strong on this limit.

I checked the turn with the intention to call but I decided to check/raise because the ten makes the board to drawy in my opinion.

Is donking here better?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      against 24/18 it is mostly 3-bet pf since he would raise/call with worse hands and also makes your hand easier to play
      I like c/r flop, since you can easily represent there draws and he would b/c overpair and might shove turn if draws miss
      c/r turn is strong, but board is so drawy, so likely it is the right move
      then you can also shove most of the river cards