Ev

• ZeMammuth
      ZeMammuth
      Bronze
      Hey guys quick question. I use holdem manager and looking at my statistics for the last 5 days which I have been playing poker. It estimates my EV as 55 dollars, however, I have made more than double that. Looking at the graph it shows me running around double the EV shown. Am I reading the chart wrong? Or am I making alot more many that expected with the cards and scenarios I have been put into? I'm new with holdem manager and all these tools, I usually play live.

• 6 replies
    • ZeMammuth
      ZeMammuth
      Bronze
      Someone answer the question lol, I wanna know how this works
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      EV graphs are meaningless. They are just good for providing warm feelings when you hit a downswing.
    • ZeMammuth
      ZeMammuth
      Bronze
      I am asking if the concept of it looking at the cards given and working out how much should be made is correct. Also is 130 dollar in 6 days good for nl5 and nl10? Nl 10 in last 2 days of the 6
    • Jeffers16
      Jeffers16
      Bronze
      Im no expert, so sorry if I mislead you.

But from my understanding, All in EV shows your Expecting winnings (Value) when you show your hands.

So if your running above it, it means that you have at times gone all in with the worst hand and got lucky.
    • ZeMammuth
      ZeMammuth
      Bronze
      It can't be that because that would be showdown winnings which is exactly even
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello NickSeraphim,

The All-In EV line on the graph is calculated by taking the actual amount won and either deducting or adding the amount you would have won with average luck.

So let's say I go all in with AA on an Axx flush draw flop against a flush draw. I'm 80.5% to win with my set in a $400 pot.

80.5% x $400 = $322 so what it's saying is on average that I should win approximately $322 on average when I go all in with a set of Aces here vs. his flush draw.

If I win, I would win $400, so I've won $78 more than I would on average i.e running good/okay.

If I lose, I win $0, so I'm running $322 worse off than I would on average so im running bad.

Using the example above let's say that we won the hand with our set of Aces. The actual amount won is $400 but with average luck we would have only won $322, so we're running $78 better than someone with average luck.

So in your graph you are running $55 better than someone with average luck.

I hope this helps you out mate ;) .

Kind Regards,
      -Steve