RIVER ($1.50) 8:club: Q:diamond: 5:heart: 5:club: 2:diamond:

SB checks, Hero checks

Hero shows 6:spade: 8:diamond:
      (Pre 14%, Flop 19.6%, Turn 4.5%)

SB shows 9:heart: 9:spade:
      (Pre 86%, Flop 80.4%, Turn 95.5%)

SB wins $1.40

cbet this flop ? this is quite dry flop

after i get called what can i put him on ? assuming hes tandard nl10 player (one of first hands)
  • 4 replies
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      Yes I would bet. You basically just want him to fold his equity share when he has overcards to 8x.

When he calls, usually some sort of mid/decent Qx, or 99-TT, set. I don't think you can play turn or river differently.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by johnbeattie85
      Yes I would bet. You basically just want him to fold his equity share when he has overcards to 8x.

When he calls, usually some sort of mid/decent Qx, or 99-TT, set. I don't think you can play turn or river differently.
      Possibly also some gutshots or OESD that you're ahead of, A-high that he might peel with if he's bad. If your opponent is aggressive you might want to check your MPNK back or be prepared to call a check/raise.

Hope it helps.
    • mgrudzie
      mgrudzie
      Bronze
      what do you mean 'or be prepared to call a check/raise' - what will be the plan for the rest of the hand?
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Well if you opponent is aggressive enough to check/raise gutshots/OESDs there, you usually have to call the raise with 2nd pair since not many people take that line with top pair. Plan is mostly to expect him to shutdown when you show you're not going anywhere, and give him respect on the turn if he continues to be aggressive.

If you think he's check/raising a decent amount but don't feel like calling a check/raise, checking behind for pot control with the intention of calling a turn bet is probably better suited for you.

Of course if you have no reason to believe your opponent is particularly aggressive, there is nothing wrong with bet/folding.

Hope it helps.