• 16 replies
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      IMO, whenever you are behind
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      The supposed logic behind running it twice is such that you reduce variance. Thus with this logic, you would like to run it twice if you hv the upper hand.
      If you are on the weaker hand, you would also want to run it twice as it gives you 1 more chance to hit the unlikely.

However, my personal preference dictate that i would choose to run it twice only with a weaker hand. Embrace the variance!!!
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      IMO why would u run it twice with the weaker hand?
      Your playing more hands being the dog.
    • noclaninator
      noclaninator
      Bronze
      The ev of running it twice is exactly the same as the ev of not running it twice. The variance is simply reduced. Running it twice is therefore best no matter ahead or behind.
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      Originally posted by justkyle88
      IMO why would u run it twice with the weaker hand?
      Your playing more hands being the dog.
      because the money is already out there, no matter how many times you run it. You don't lose more running it twice.

you want every chance possible to hit?

but yes like noclaninator said, EV is the same no matter what. It's just psychological.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      just run it once, you're wasting everybody's time :f_biggrin:
    • csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      Run it twice when you have a made hand, once when on a draw. If you have a draw if you hit it the first time you have less outs the second time or at worst 2 less outs.

EDIT: hmm actually dont know should probably do it mathmatically.
    • simshi
      simshi
      Bronze
      It is never a good idea to run it in even numbers (twice or four times) if you are ahead. If I am ahead, I would run it once or thrice. Chances are you will definitely win at least 2 out of 3 guaranteeing a profit from the hand. If once you risk getting sucked out.

Of course if you are behind, then run it twice (even numbers) because you are hoping for a chop pot. (even chop)

I often see comments online criticizing players running more than once. In my opinion, if the pot is significant to you, it is always best to reduce the variance.
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      Originally posted by simshi
      It is never a good idea to run it in even numbers (twice or four times) if you are ahead. If I am ahead, I would run it once or thrice. Chances are you will definitely win at least 2 out of 3 guaranteeing a profit from the hand. If once you risk getting sucked out.

Of course if you are behind, then run it twice (even numbers) because you are hoping for a chop pot. (even chop)

I often see comments online criticizing players running more than once. In my opinion, if the pot is significant to you, it is always best to reduce the variance.

imo, with the upper hand, the more one run, the better. I def wont run it twice. Anything abv 3 i will consider! Lol
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      add your holdings up.. if they add up to an odd number, run it once, even, twice.

J - 11, Q - 12, K-13, A-1

If the hand value adds up to 13, beg for your money back, coz you'll never win.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      and that is why i fold AQs preflop
    • Skraggy
      Skraggy
      Bronze
      Just run the whole deck :f_biggrin:
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      Originally posted by Skraggy