Live Poker tells

• rockboi84
      rockboi84
      Bronze
      THE QUICK GLANCE AT THE CHIPS

This is probably the most valuable unconscious tell. If a player quickly looks at his chips then looks away, he probably wants to bet. Alternately, he might also take a quick look at his opponent's chips. It is important that he does not feel he's being under observation.

Taken from http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/live-poker/1045/1

Does anyone understand the following sentence ?
      It is important that he does not feel he's being under observation.
  • 8 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      It means that it is important that he does not feel he's being under observation.
    • noclaninator
      noclaninator
      Bronze
      If your opponent thinks you are watching him then he will act differently than he would act if he did not feel you were watching him. If he feels like you are staring him down, he will try to act in a way opposite to the strength of his hand. Maybe he will stare at his cards, or stare at his chips, or stare at the furthest corner of the room. If it is exaggerated, then it is probably an act. If he glances at his chips for a split second and then looks away well he is sending mixed signals. One is an act and one isn't. In this case the glancing at the chips is not an act but the looking away is. If he was acting like he was looking at his chips, he would probably pause for a full second or two at his stack and then you would know he is weak.

90% of players are actors, and most of them are pretty bad actors.
    • rockboi84
      rockboi84
      Bronze
      Now i get it thanks for the reply
    • rockboi84
      rockboi84
      Bronze
      A LONG LOOK AT THE CARDS

If an opponent takes an especially long look at his cards or the board, he is mostly playing a weak hand. If he takes a long time before betting, he is probably on a bluff.

A strong tell is an opponent repeatedly looking at their starting hand after making a bet and then you reaching for your chips. Here you can expect a bluff.

Taken from http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/live-poker/1045/1 too.

I do not really understand this section well, anyone care to explain further.

Does it mean he is bluffing when he takes a long time before betting after he take an especially long look at his card ?

After opponent bets , when it is your turn, you start to reach for your chips and opponent repeatedly look at their starting hand. Does this mean that his bet was a bluff most of the time ?
    • wuttehhell
      wuttehhell
      Bronze
      If the third suited card comes on the board and he looks at his cards it means he's only got one card of that suit. (he check wherther the big or the small one is that suit). :spade:
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold

if he looks like this it means danger
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by rockboi84
      A LONG LOOK AT THE CARDS
      This one is pretty useless. Everyone I know who plays live does these in reverse. Make sure your opponent is a real fish before you use this one.
    • rockboi84
      rockboi84
      Bronze
      Toyokoaces, i agree with you most poker players does that. I only use these reads on fishes so i can get the most out of them as the live games i regularly play has tons of them.

*Poker players = neither fishes nor donkey