$5,00
      MP2:
      $3,96
      CO:
      $15,12
      BU:
      $5,51

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3:spade: , T:heart:
      MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0,05, MP3 folds, CO calls $0,05, BU calls $0,05, SB folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,22) 2:diamond: , T:diamond: , 3:heart: (4 players)
      Hero bets $0,20, MP2 calls $0,20, CO folds, BU calls $0,20.

Turn: ($0,82) J:club: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0,70, MP2 folds, BU raises to $1,50, Hero calls $0,80.

River: ($3,82) 4:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0,40, Hero calls $0,40.

Final Pot: $4,62

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, tens and threes (3s Th)
      BU shows three of a kind, deuces (2s 2h)

BU wins with three of a kind, deuces (2s 2h)

Now here I knew he had pocket dueces. I knew I was behind, but I kept on calling anyway. I just don t know what part inside of me wants make these kind of stupid calls =) Now it isn t like this all the time, godforbid, just when I am 100% sure what he s got, like i need somekind of confirmation =P

Real spewy play, should have folded on turn.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

We all go through that at one point or another and I don't even think it's bad. You lose money and will climb in stakes slower, but it shows you think it's more important gain confidence in your reads then to win pots, which in time will turn you into the kind of player that learns a lot instead of worrying a lot about his winrate. This is the kind of player you want to become for success to follow.

As for the hand considering just how weird this guy's stats are and how cheap it is for you to call, I don't really mind your line. We're never folding the river it would just be bad, and on the turn some players will actually show up with the Jd and make that nonsensical raise anyway, while it's true we should expect JT/sets quite often, he only has to randomly spazz about 20-25% of the time for our call not to be wrong.

Hope it helps.