[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH RUSH - K7s

• randompkr
      Known players:

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7:spade: , K:spade:
      3 folds, BU calls $0,05, Hero calls $0,03, BB checks.

Flop: ($0,15) 3:spade: , J:spade: , 7:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0,10, BB calls $0,10, BU raises to $0,30, Hero calls $0,20, BB calls $0,20.

Turn: ($1,05) 6:heart: (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, BU bets $0,60, Hero calls $0,60, BB calls $0,60.

River: ($2,85) 8:spade: (3 players)

Should I check-raise or just lead out and how much my bet-size would be? My read was that the guy on BB has flush there pretty often aswell and the guy on BU has maybe slowplayed QQ+ or has JT, J9 etc.. witch he would check behind on that river.
  • 2 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg

On the flop you're flipping against Jx, ahead of every other flushdraw, and only a 2:1 dog against a set knowing it's very unlikely any of them has JJ/77, which leaves 33. Thus the standard there is to go just check/raise or bet/3bet depending on how worried you are that they'll both check behind, since whiffing the check/raise puts a pretty big dent in our EV in that spot. The more passive the villains, the better donking out is.

As played I would also donk bout $2 on the river, if anyone has the flush they're certainly not folding and might even raise, and against other hands that will likely check behind but might call your donkbet anyway, it can't hurt to throw in a valuebet by default.

Hope it helps.
    • randompkr
      Thanks, I was thinking about getting it in on the flop but for some reason decided to just call. On the river I did bet 1,8$ and both called, BB had T high flush and BU had AJo.