MP1 ($3.36)
      MP2 ($7.34)
      MP3 ($3.06)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, 10
      7 folds, Hero bets $0.15, BB raises to $0.50, Hero calls $0.35

Flop: ($1) J, 4, 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $0.60, Hero ???

Total pot: $1 | Rake: $0.06

Now I think I should have reraised him, as I believe ATs beats his range, yet on such dry flop should I go allin or fold?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Pretty hard to comment on these spots since a lot of it has to do with how that guy plays.

First I wouldn't 4-bet ATs for value, if I do it it's as a bluff with blockers knowing he's 3-betting light there a decent amount, which means he's aggressive enough to be a pain in the ass postflop if i start to defend passively out of position. It also protects my future steals and if he happens 5-bet, we still established that we were willing to 4-bet bluff, which means if we get a premium hand later on there is a higher chance he does something really stupid against us.

As played postflop it depends on how often you think that guy will barrel the turn. If he's the type to put you on 88 and try to make you fold it there, you're likely better off making a smallish $1.6 check/raise since he likely doesn't have much most of the time. Fold to a 3-bet. If you don't think he'll bet the turn again unless he has it, I'd suggest check/calling the flop with AT-high, folding to a turn bet and reevaluating on the river since you'll have the option to possibly bluff him off better A-high hands as well as a few pocket pairs if he 3-bets that.

Hope it helps.