[NL2-NL10] Nl10: bottom set gets action

• Mugge88
      Mugge88
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)      
      Position:
      Stack
      MP1:
      $14,15
      MP3:
      $25,13
      Hero:
      $10

0,05/0,10 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3:spade: , 3:diamond:
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0,10, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0,10, 3 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,35) 3:club: , 5:club: , A:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0,25, MP1 calls $0,25, MP3 raises to $0,50, Hero raises to $2,50, MP1 folds, MP3 raises to $6,00, Hero ?

My first hand at NL10.. AI or fold? Will only be behind if he got AA, 55 or 42 (AA being rather unlikely, since he didn't raise pf), and he could quite easily have a draw or some weird two pair or worse. These were my thoughts and ended up AI - Okay?

Best regards,
      Mugge
  • 4 replies
    • rubysilesia
      rubysilesia
      Silver
      Hi Mugge

I play NL5 only coz I wasted too much of my bankroll tilting or playing unreasonable, but I dont think NL10 players are any better. On those limits I think its save to say that set is allin on the flop except for very obvious situations.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi Mugge88!

Set over set happens from time to time but very seldom and that's why you have to go all-in here. Your opponent might have a draw or two pair. If he has a straight you still have a lot of outs for your full house. For this reason: get your money in. :)

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • Mugge88
      Mugge88
      Bronze
      yeah, thought so too - no way I could put it down.. Party just seem to hate when you cllimb limits :P First hand played and you get stacked off :P But I'm gonna play some hands tonight again and will hopefully end on the positive site (at least if we calculate the ev decisions at the end of the session)
    • Sebra
      Sebra
      Bronze
      - We have 100bb
      - We have a set
      - We are allin

;)

Really, you can't fold such a strong hand, sometimes he might have a straight or an overset, shit happens. But most of the time he overplays his top pair or 2pair, so just push it in as a huge favorit.