$0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      4 Players

Stacks:
      CO ($3)
      Hero (BTN) ($11.86)
      SB ($11.26)
      BB ($13.34)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 4 players) Hero is BTN 8:diamond: 8:spade:
      CO checks, Hero raises to $0.40, SB calls $0.35, BB raises to $1.50, CO folds, Hero calls $1.10, SB folds

Flop: 6:diamond: A:heart: A:club: ($3.40, 2 players)
      BB bets $1.75, Hero calls $1.75

Turn: 7:club: ($6.90, 2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $3.30, BB calls $3.30

River: J:heart: ($13.50, 2 players)
      BB bets $2.30, Hero folds

Final Pot: $15.80

BB wins $15.22 (net +$6.37)

Hero lost $6.55
      SB lost $0.40

BB: 23/22/3
  • 7 replies
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      I would call flop, check behind turn and value bet or call on a lot of rivers - including this one (cept i'm not betting if checked to). Unless you think his 3-bet range is beating you on this board and so are trying to bluff, I would prefer to take this line to let him bluff worse hands and also for pot control.
    • armo
      armo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by amplifyd
      I would call flop, check behind turn and value bet or call on a lot of rivers - including this one (cept i'm not betting if checked to). Unless you think his 3-bet range is beating you on this board and so are trying to bluff, I would prefer to take this line to let him bluff worse hands and also for pot control.
      +1
    • harleytopper
      harleytopper
      Bronze
      My bet on turn is pure bluff. On NL10 3-bet range from all weaktights is something QQ+ (JJ), AK. I interpeted his flop bet as weak and tried to float him. Check back on turn and call on river makes no sense because Im not ahead of any his combination with eights.

Maybe I must next time describe my thoughts :)
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      Originally posted by harleytopper
      My bet on turn is pure bluff. On NL10 3-bet range from all weaktights is something QQ+ (JJ), AK. I interpeted his flop bet as weak and tried to float him. Check back on turn and call on river makes no sense because Im not ahead of any his combination with eights.

Maybe I must next time describe my thoughts :)
      If his 3-bet range BUvBB is really this narrow, I would just call pre for set value. Sure his flop bet may look weak - but weaktight players can often bet small as to not scare you off and unless you have some kind of solid read he folds all his JJ,QQ etc. when he doesn't improve on turn I would just let go of it on the flop.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I agree with both of amplifyd's posts.

The fact is if his range really is as narrow as you think you're not even sure he'll fold QQ-KK when it's not that likely you have Ax, you're not even sure he would actually c-bet tho on AAx maybe he just has AK/quads there.

Plus the stack sizes are awkward for a bluff on later streets, you can't really make a bet big enough to prevent QQ-KK from check/calling once without committing yourself, and just jamming looks so bluffy it won't work either unless he's weak-tight enough to default to folding every time big money goes in.

Overall it's just not worth it, you don't need these plays to make a profit at microstakes, and when they backfire you just leak money while increasing your variance, without any means of actually knowing whether it was actually +ev or not. Every time you feel like doing something fancy, it's probably too fancy for the micros.

Hope it helps.
    • harleytopper
      harleytopper
      Bronze
      I tend to get addicted to these plays, when it works. Floating is really fun but I must pick the better spots I guess.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Might I suggest floating with hands that have more outs than an underpair, and possibly not in 3-bet pots for the time being? :)