Today I tried to withdraw money from everest but I couldn't
      Instead I found out that I need to verify my account through IBS
      They need all these documents:
      Photo ID
      Front & back of Credit Cards
      Credit Card statements
      Purchase Authorization form

Isn't this ridiculous?
      Was it like this all the time or only recently after todays update?

edit: well, at least I found out, that it's not new and that I need to send those documents.
      But it's annoying for sure.
  • 26 replies
    • knb22
      knb22
      Gold
      Pretty standard if u didn't do it when opening your account. Had to do it myself some time ago. Just take a photo of your driver licence or some kind of ID with picture+signature, and u should be fine :)
    • Kokaroc
      Kokaroc
      Bronze
      I think photo of an ID won't be enough.
      Here is what they want

Your merchant requires you to provide the following 4 sets of documentation:

A photocopy of government-issued photo ID (such as a driver's license, passport or other identity card) with your signature in the ID.
      A photocopy of the front and back of each credit card used for gaming purchases at our site.
      A photocopy of your most recent credit card statement (at least one page of the statement showing cardholder name, billing address and credit card number) for each card used for purchases at our site.
      A photocopy of your printed and signed Purchase Authorization form.
      These procedures are to protect your account and to ensure that nobody but you can use your payment accounts or receive your funds.

Please follow these four easy steps:

Print and sign a Purchase Authorization form for your credit cards. Click here to get your form.
      Obtain photocopies of the other 3 sets of documents outlined above (photo ID, front & back of cards, and credit card statements) using either a copy machine or scanner (preferred). Please Note: Visual quality is affected during photocopying and fax transmission. Scanned documents sent via the IBS Verify by Web form are highly preferred and will result in the shortest verification time.
      On each page of the photocopied documents, be sure to write or provide the following:
      Your full name
      Your authorized signature
      Your email address
      Your phone number
      Your Player Account login name
      Your Merchant's name: Everest Poker
      Your Verification ID:
      Send the documents and signed Purchase Authorization form to us by Web, by Fax or by Mail.
      That's all there is to it. When we receive your documents, we will check them against our records to validate your account activity. If everything is in order we will notify you by email and Everest Poker will reinstate your account.
    • MikesekCZE
      MikesekCZE
      Bronze
      Hi, I want to withdraw money from Everest via Moneybookers, but of course I need to verify my account, which is done via IBS.The 4 things they want are in Kokaroc's post just before this post.But it seems to me as a lot of stuff to give them, usually the copy of ID is enough, but they also with copy of Credit card, which is not that usuall(at least not for me). Does anyone have good experiences with this verification?And also, I can't give them the security number from back of my credit card, thats ridiculous, isn't it?
    • degre
      degre
      Bronze
      Personally I think is ridicolous, but is what they ask.

I went through the verification process when I've opened my account and they reward with $10, which is not much, but when you've just started and have just about $50, well, that's a nice boost to your roll.
    • MikesekCZE
      MikesekCZE
      Bronze
      And did you scan the whole credit card, or did you covered or erased the security code in the back?
    • degre
      degre
      Bronze
      I've just given them all they've asked in clear, I'm sure Everest won't try to scam me.
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Originally posted by degre
      I've just given them all they've asked in clear, I'm sure Everest won't try to scam me.
      You have to remember that the people working for Everest are not Everest. I am sure the company and employees are fine but it's quite easily enough to steal your identity.
    • degre
      degre
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TobyCS
      Originally posted by degre
      You have to remember that the people working for Everest are not Everest. I am sure the company and employees are fine but it's quite easily enough to steal your identity.
      The very same can be said for this site, but PS still ask for verification in order to release the money.

Same happens every single time you enter your details online or you fill a form in an office, still, if it's required you do it.

You want to tell me that you've never ever used your card anywhere? Fine, the card was printed and shipped to you, someone had to handle everything.

In this case the only thing you can do is to trust a company that does that for a living which will have employee that won't try to scam you, especially has the PokerRoom has been recommended to me my PokerStrategy, I would take that has PS trust too and I feel comfortable handing out my data.
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      If i deposit through moneybookers, and cash out through moneybookers - is verification still necessary?
    • MikesekCZE
      MikesekCZE
      Bronze
      well I want to withdraw via Moneybookers, but in withdrawal page there is only one option and that is via check and that sucks, so I think I need verification of my account
    • kaablikutt
      kaablikutt
      Bronze
      Originally posted by wowadvisor
      If i deposited through moneybookers, and cash out through moneybookers - is verification still necessary?
      I deposited with visa and withdrew to moneybookers, didn`t need to verify account.
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      boom! digging up an old thread like a boss :coolface:

i have read through the thread and cant see anyone with the same problem as me.

They want the following (which i think is a bit ott!)
      • Photo ID (fair enough)
      • Front & back of Credit Cards (1 i don't own a credit card:facepalm: 2 isn't this unusual? i mean whats wrong with the information they have from my deposit?)
      • Credit Card statements (as above :facepalm:)
      • Purchase Authorization form (daafuuq is this? :f_ugly: )

I've never had any problems with everest before, and i think the site is pretty good :f_thumbsup: But the lack of help from there support team, and this (imo) stupid verification process, is starting to piss me off :f_confused: Also when you try log into the IBS thing it restarts to the log-in page, the IBS software is about retarded as the verification process

Hopefully someone can help me out. :f_biggrin:
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gxtwo
      boom! digging up an old thread like a boss :coolface:

i have read through the thread and cant see anyone with the same problem as me.

They want the following (which i think is a bit ott!)
      • Photo ID (fair enough)
      • Front & back of Credit Cards (1 i don't own a credit card:facepalm: 2 isn't this unusual? i mean whats wrong with the information they have from my deposit?)
      • Credit Card statements (as above :facepalm:)
      • Purchase Authorization form (daafuuq is this? :f_ugly: )

I've never had any problems with everest before, and i think the site is pretty good :f_thumbsup: But the lack of help from there support team, and this (imo) stupid verification process, is starting to piss me off :f_confused: Also when you try log into the IBS thing it restarts to the log-in page, the IBS software is about retarded as the verification process

Hopefully someone can help me out. :f_biggrin:
      Hi gxtwo,

Having not played at Everest before I'm not so sure on their policies.

With that in mind, I have been asked before to send in scans of both the front and back of my VISA card on both FTP and PokerStars. This was understandable as I had used said VISA card by depositing.

However, you have said above that you have not used your credit card so all I can say is to contact their support and ask them why they need this?

In regards to the "Purchase authorization", I also have never heard of this, but once again, Everest should give you an indication as to what they mean if you contact them.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help here and I hope you can get this all sorted soon.

Keep us updated for sure and if there is anything we can do for you, we will do our best.

Kind regards,
      Gary
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      However, you have said above that you have not used your credit card so all I can say is to contact their support and ask them why they need this?
      I have deposited to the site with VISA, but to me this is not a "credit" card, its just a normal bank card.

I dont understand why they'd need the card statements tho

Just feels like i'll be giving them a lot of personal information, more than necessary :/
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gxtwo
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      I have deposited to the site with VISA, but to me this is not a "credit" card, its just a normal bank card.

I dont understand why they'd need the card statements tho

Just feels like i'll be giving them a lot of personal information, more than necessary :/
      Ah, this makes more sense. If I remember correctly FTP and Stars described my VISA as a credit card also. So it's most likely the same in this case.

I also too had to send a statement along with everything else.

I am sure there are parts of your bank statement that they will allow you edit out but you can clarify that with them also.

I understand that this may feel unnecessary but at the end of the day it is done with your security in mind :)

Hopefully you get a swift resolution.

Best regards,
      Gary
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      Just recieved this E-mail from the monkeys at everest:

E-mail from everest monkey:

Dear Gxtwo,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Your account has been temporarily suspended by our Operations
      Department due to the new UK legislation. (Dafuq? ?( )

In order for us to reactivate your account we will need you to verify
      your account information.

Please provide us with clear, unaltered, color copies of these
      documents:

1- Front and back of a valid (not expired) piece of government issued
      photo ID, including photo and signature. Please do not alter or black
      out anything on your ID. We recommend you send us copies of your
      Driver's License, National ID or Passport

Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to reply
      to this email.

Thank you for your collaboration.

Kind regards,

Maria
      Customer Care Team

Now it seems strange that the email starts with "thank you for your inquiry"....

The only inquiry I have sent them, was a question to do with deposit bonus and withdraw. I have no idea why they would suspend my account for inquiring about a bonus!!, I've been playing there fine for about 4-5 months!!!

I can understand if the email was related to my attempt to withdraw, but it's not!!

And why this time do they only want my ID!?

Would also like to add the IBS software is ridiculous!! :rage: :rage:

[/RANT]

Cool name btw Gary :coolface:
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey again gxtwo!

The ID verification is quite standard :) Sometimes Poker Rooms require some further information (like the back and front of the card) but this should only happen once. As to why it has happened with this withdrawal, I am afraid I don't know. As I mentioned before, the same has happened me previously with FTP and Stars and they were also not my first withdrawals.

At a guess it's probably just random and I hope you can get this sorted and out of the way in no time :)

Best regards,
      Gary
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      yeah i understand, I had to send my ID into stars and WHill. I also have no problem at all doing so.

I'm just annoyed that they have allowed me to play for so long and deposit without asking for it before.

The main thing I'm annoyed about is that the above E-mail is a reply to an inquiry (totally unrelated to an attempt to withdraw) The least they could have done was answered that!

Apologies for the rant(s) but im sure you can see my point.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      True, I definitely understand where you are coming from.

Sometimes these procedures are mind-boggling, but also necessary nonetheless.

No need to apologize for any ranting! Better to do it here than at the tables where it may cost you a buy-in or two!

Keep me posted please and hopefully you'll get sorted very soon ;)

Best regards,
      Gary