How to make money playing poker

• Grailer
      Grailer
      Global
      First of all short handed tables are where the money is at , you can play more hands and there are more cards left in the deck.

Use this site to find information on players at the table and rate them fish , rock , shark etc .

http://www.pokertableratings.com

If the table is full of super tight rocks it becomes a game of stealing blinds.

What you want is a table with at least 1 fish who is rated F and plays loose etc ..

Then do this to them .

Play hand

Firstly when I saw flop I wasnt very happy to be honest for obvious reasons

Now if he was a good player he would have AK and have flopped broadway but he didnt raise so I suspected he might have been on a flush draw or he hit a pair .

I called to see what action he takes on turn, knowing he was a fish he would be turn if he has nuts or check with his flush draw. I hit a monster card on turn and slow played it to see if he was on flush draw or he flopped something good.

I decide he has a big hand and call to trap him on river .

The Ah on river was a really bad card for me, it made a flush , which I knew he didnt have and if he had AJ I was beat. However I went with my instinct and put him on a hand like KQ KJ K9 or J10 lol and moved all in.

Now if he had raised before flop I would have mucked my QJ and he would never have lost ... :) :f_cry:
  • 77 replies
    • harleytopper
      harleytopper
      Bronze
      I like shorthanded NL holdem with 4 decks and 7 board cards. Creates more action.
    • kennyxx
      kennyxx
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Grailer
      ... and there are more cards in the deck .
      rigged imo :f_biggrin:

btw: I looked up OP on site he mentioned, something is wrong...
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      Oh no OP is back with another clasic fred.

I prefer playing with more cards to
    • Grailer
      Grailer
      Global
      I took a break for a month , i lost my game , huge down swing in a week . Its amazing how much skill is in poker.

I want to show you some of that skill.

This is skill .. Do you feel the power baby ?

Play hand

take care .
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      im no cash game player but you played that really badly
    • kennyxx
      kennyxx
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Grailer
      I want to show you some of that skill.
      OK, show us
    • noclaninator
      noclaninator
      Bronze
      You guys are so basic. How can you not understand how good grailer is? He slowplays sets on draw heavy boards. He overbets his AA, underbets his KK, and makes big calls with hands that he lacks the discipline to fold. He chases draws, he never protects his hand, and he never maximizes the value from his hands.

MOST IMPORTANTLY; he logs on to the best damn affiliate poker site in the world to show everyone how good he is. Yet time and time again I have seen people show a lack of respect for the grailer. SHAME
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      THE GRAILER IS BACK BABY!
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lennonac
      im no cash game player but you played that really badly
      [ ] Understand's the complexity of Grailer's play...

Dammit.. I swore I wasn't going to post in these threads again. :f_mad:
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      Waiboy you just got leveled! :D
    • vanja27
      vanja27
      Bronze
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      grailer u should get a tracked account,

by the end of this year i bet you will become a black member :s_o: :s_mad: :f_mad: :s_frown: :s_grin: :f_love: :s_love:
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by vanja27
      [x] The best post this thread will see...

[x] Slightley concerned ihufa has multiplyed
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by noclaninator
      You guys are so basic. How can you not understand how good grailer is? He slowplays sets on draw heavy boards. He overbets his AA, underbets his KK, and makes big calls with hands that he lacks the discipline to fold. He chases draws, he never protects his hand, and he never maximizes the value from his hands.

MOST IMPORTANTLY; he logs on to the best damn affiliate poker site in the world to show everyone how good he is. Yet time and time again I have seen people show a lack of respect for the grailer. SHAME
      but at least he is smart enough only to show us the few hands he wins with his brilliant inspired play
    • Grailer
      Grailer
      Global
      Originally posted by evertonroar
      Originally posted by noclaninator

but at least he is smart enough only to show us the few hands he wins with his brilliant inspired play
      When the guy who raised didnt c bet I didnt want to give away my hand . It would be obvious I flopped a set if I bet the flop dude.

The turn was actually a bad card for me , it pretty much forced me to check once again ...

Obviously I have to bet river since there is only 1 player left to act after me and I doubt he will bet .
    • Grailer
      Grailer
      Global
      Now most of this stuff wont work high limits because the players arent this stupid to fall for it. However at low stakes players love to donate money to us.

As long as you play tight you will win money .

Now in this hand below I could easily blast the players out of the pot with my superior hand.

Preflop I min raise lol ( never min raise they say because you want everyone to fold so you win blinds right ?But wait 10 cents isnt even money, what we want is the money behind the guy , the juicy $5 that will help us get to higher limits so I entice him into my pot. )

When he limp raised I automatically thought , ok he has something good , AA ?? I re raise him to see if he has a monster hand . He calls :) if he had AA and just called he brilliant move by him , and he will win my stack.

The player in BB must have something good too , I have no idea what he has , probably a small pair and he wants to hit a set.

When flop comes I decide to either check the flop or bet the flop really small to induce the villian into thinking I was weak , when anyone worth a damn knows this means Im probably strong because remember the pre flop play ??

Weak bet on flop makes it look like I missed flop ( he probably thinks I have AK lol ) , now he bets $1 but I just call him because Im not sure about the player in BB yet he folds phew thats a relief because I was worried he had QQ or JJ and flopped a set.

Then check turn showing that I was on draw lol not! ( cause he thinks Im on a straight draw probably with AK or flush draw ) he moves all in and loses his stack .

Thanks my friend , fold AJ next time :)

Play hand
    • Shinersen
      Shinersen
      Gold
      nice minreraise/ minrerereraises
      and nice bets
      gl further
    • randomdonk
      randomdonk
      Bronze
      why dont u ban this guy already? wasnt funny the first time, and is definitely not funny now
    • Grailer
      Grailer
      Global
      Originally posted by Shinerseb
      nice minreraise/ minrerereraises
      and nice bets
      gl further

Now most of this stuff wont work high limits because the players arent this stupid to fall for it

Is this better ?

Play hand

Or maybe you prefer this way ?

Play hand

How about this ?

Play hand

I guess what im trying to say is , the guy stacked off with AJ lol.