Made a bad move, got lucky?

• tvalberg
      tvalberg
      Bronze
      Hi

I am quite new to this site, and so far i really like it. I am not a big player (yet:) so i am sticking most to the micros stakes for now.

I was playing a hand yesterday at Titan ($0.01/0.02), and i have a feeling a made a bad move and got lucky. I would love to get some opinions on that.

My stack is aproximately 1$
      I was sitting on the button, and got pocket nines. No raises before me, so i raise 0.10. 1 in early position call me, and 1 in middle with a a much larger stack goes all in. I call and go all in with my 2 nines.

Luckily the player in Early position that called my raise folded. My Oponent have pocet Aces, but i am lucky and hit a set.

what i am thinking, is that i here made a bad move and risked going all in against 2 oponents with potentially better hands than me.

Thanks for any feedback :)
  • 2 replies
    • dicekeyrollz
      dicekeyrollz
      Bronze
      That's definitely true dude, two players start some serious action, you gotta get out of the way with those two 99's. USUALLY.

See two things come to mind when you talk about this hand. One, you're playing at THE micro-stakes table, home to the AnyTwo pushes. Second, you're only playing with 50BB, so it's much more correct to play those 99's than if you held 100 in front of you.

Saying that though, you should definitely not get used to calling all-in in that situation.
    • Skeat
      Skeat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dicekeyrollz
      Saying that though, you should definitely not get used to calling all-in in that situation.
      And playing with 50bbs