Pocket 9's, semi bluff?

• aeroroger
      aeroroger
      Bronze
      Hi!
      This a poker hand, that i am been thinking of alot.
      I tried to buy/steal the pot with my bet (1$). But it was obvious that it was a bluff, so he re-raised me 3.5$ that i thougt it was a bluff so i went all in.
      He can have a pair of queens(how do you spell queen, u know Q in the deck) But luckely he can put me on KK/AA. Whas it a good play or just a maniac play?

Last I just gonna show you how bad the people are on Party poker.
      I tried to steal the blinds which fails, but with a little bit of luck it turns out good. The funniest thing is that the hand/cards he play against me!

Maybe you have noticed that i dont play SSS that is beacuse i have litte brother that have been very succesful on online poker(he play 0.5/1$), so he helped with my first hand, the second was all by myself.
  • 3 replies
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi aeroroger!

I think the play with the 9s is very dangerous and without really good reads I wouldn't play it that way. You cannot assume that bluff and rebluff are important in many hands. Most of the time a bet and a raise mean a strong hand. I would recommend that you fold after you made your continuation bet because a check/raise normally shows even more strength.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • aeroroger
      aeroroger
      Bronze
      Ok, read and understod.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Good! :D

But please keep posting your hands in our sample hands board. It should help you a lot to improve your game!

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81