This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Pocket 9's, semi bluff?

• aeroroger
      aeroroger
      Bronze
      Hi!
      This a poker hand, that i am been thinking of alot.
      I tried to buy/steal the pot with my bet (1$). But it was obvious that it was a bluff, so he re-raised me 3.5$ that i thougt it was a bluff so i went all in.
      He can have a pair of queens(how do you spell queen, u know Q in the deck) But luckely he can put me on KK/AA. Whas it a good play or just a maniac play?

Last I just gonna show you how bad the people are on Party poker.
      I tried to steal the blinds which fails, but with a little bit of luck it turns out good. The funniest thing is that the hand/cards he play against me!

Maybe you have noticed that i dont play SSS that is beacuse i have litte brother that have been very succesful on online poker(he play 0.5/1$), so he helped with my first hand, the second was all by myself.
  • 3 replies
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi aeroroger!

I think the play with the 9s is very dangerous and without really good reads I wouldn't play it that way. You cannot assume that bluff and rebluff are important in many hands. Most of the time a bet and a raise mean a strong hand. I would recommend that you fold after you made your continuation bet because a check/raise normally shows even more strength.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • aeroroger
      aeroroger
      Bronze
      Ok, read and understod.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Good! :D

But please keep posting your hands in our sample hands board. It should help you a lot to improve your game!

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81