[NL2-NL10] NL 50 push with AK

• Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      1)
      0,25/0,50 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:diamond: , A:heart:
      3 folds, MP2 raises to $1,50, 3 folds, Hero raises to $9,00 (All-In), BB folds, MP2 calls $7,50.

Flop: ($18,50) 2:heart: , T:diamond: , 9:heart:
      Turn: ($18,50) Q:heart:
      River: ($18,50) K:club:

Final Pot: $18,50

I think that I should be ahead here, so I decided for fold equity to push pre-flop.

2)
      0,25/0,50 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K:club: , A:heart: . MP1 posts a blind of $0,50.
      2 folds, MP1 checks, MP2 folds, Hero raises to $2,50, CO folds, BU raises to $5,00, 4 folds.

Final Pot: $8,75

Like I´ve mentioned before, I don´t like to go all-in with AK. There isn´t enough dead money in the pot and put very big stack on aces or kings.

3)
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)      
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $7,88
      Hero:
      $5,42

0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:spade: , K:spade:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $1,00, 2 folds, BB calls $0,75.

Flop: ($2,10) 3:spade: , 6:club: , A:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1,25, BB calls $1,25.

Turn: ($4,60) Q:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($4,60) T:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $4,60

I don´t think that I should push turn. SB flat call on the flop isn´t good, so I thought that he got his flush. So I would just take free card and if fourth club comes out is is easy fold.
  • 5 replies
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Hand 1.)
      I always make a Standard 3 times reraise with AK, you do that with AA and KK often as well. And opponents often put you on AK if you push a Raise as a SS-Player, because you do not want them to call. With AA or KK you often just reraise 3x the original raise since you want your Opponents to call. In higher limits a lot of BSS Players know that and call your Push with a Pocket Pair, since they are a 54% to 46% Favourit.

So I always do the same. Eitherway I everytime re-raise 3x with any re-raising hand or everytime I push with every hand. That just as an advise.

Otherwise nice hand. :)

Hand 2.)
      If you have an read on your Opponent, nice hand.

Hand 3.)
      Please bet on the Turn, he can also call you with an Ace and weaker Kicker. often they even Call a Pocket Pair here. If he calls, then you can check behind on that River.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Thanks for comment

1) My stack is 9$, that means, if I make 3x re-raise+1 BB (I´m oop), then I´ve left 4$ and I´m pot commited anyway. But with ugly board he would I don´t like to push (although I don´t have much choise). So I push for:
      - I don´t have to worry about the flop
      - I can see all 5 cards
      - I might be ahead (AQ, AJ, AT, KQ, KJ)
      - even if MP2 has pocket pair and he calls with 99-QQ, it´s coinflip and thereś dead money in the pot
      - I´ve very good fold equity against unknows and TAG´s

That´s true that I should push also sometimes with pocket pairs (QQ, JJ, KK) that he couldn´t have reads to me, but I like push more for fold equity.

3) Any bet on the turn means all-in push. There´s no point betting 2-3$ and fold if I´ve got re-raised or if 4-th club comes on the river and he puts me all-in.
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Hand 1.)
      But if you push with AK you have to push with QQ+ as well and not only often, because they will exploide that play in higher limits (starting around NL $100).

Hand 2.)
      You´re right, thought it was NL $50. :D ;)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      1) I´m just wondering what kind of player has fold, besides me, JJ or TT (QQ is insta call:P ) if small stack gone all-in after his re-raise:D . I think that I would try open pushes with AK, QQ, JJ, TT. KK or AA would put me all-in anyway after my re-raise, so I don´t need to push them. Hope, that it would +ev, but time will show;)

Only weak spot is that some tight players maybe fold if I only re-raise KK or AA 3x, so I sometimes have to push also with them, if my stack is under average.
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Just make sure that you will not become exploitable. ;)